Turbo set up?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

supaCOUPE

here is my turbo setup that just came in today:

Ultimate Racing custom Kit

Turbonetics T3/T4e turbo .63ar
-custom exhaust manifold ceramic coated
-stainless steel external dump tube
-custom intercooler piping (polished) full 304 stainless steel
-24"x6"x3" Spearco intercooler
-HKS super sequential blow off valve
-HKS wategate
-550cc injectors
-Bosch in-line fuel pump
-silicon hoses and t clamps
-pre-programed greddy e-manage
-3" polished stainless steel downpipe
-manual boost controller (turbosmart)

what other suggestions would you guys have fro getting more power, without going into the internals... this is running on a B16A2 from a 99SI, in a 92 VX HATCH... are 12's reasonable? I am an average driver... but this is my first turbo'd car.

intake manifold, bigger throttle body, probaby a 8-point fuel injection, minor engine tuning such as ignition and cam timing, TUNE ECU HARD!

ok, as far as the intake manifold goes... i had this discussion with a friend of mine who has a AWD Talon... he is convinced the car can be a beast... but i was thinking of going with the edlebrock intake mani, and he says i would be better off with an ITR manifold, he says they make about the same gains?

You will get more answers if you move your questions to the forced induction area. The endelbrock I heard is bigger thus giving you more power. I would also suggest a hondata or something. I have heard alot of bad things about the piggyback. If you move they help you alot more. there also going to ask you what kind of power your looking for.

an inline fuel pump will not be enough to support 550's at the top of their cycle.
throw it out, and get an in-tank 255 version.

pre-programed anything = it wasn't designed/tuned for your set-up, and you're asking for problems. moreover, the emanage is basically an over-glorified vafc.

I think an intake manifold is the last of your needs at this point.

focus on fuel and controlling it.

12s... theres 1231312 other factors that make a time happen. i won't venture a guess other than saying, i bet $500 you run a 3-30 sec quartermile.

255 intank feul pump was bought yesterday....

so i should lose the "pre-programed greddy e-manage" and go with a normal vafc?

Back