Turbo Setup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b20 block or b18 block which ever can hold more boost? which one do u think?
b18 head cause i have one built already with new valvetrain, skunk intake manifold cause i have one of those already,
recomend brands for these-
sleeves
rods
pistons
fmu- guess vortech will do
i dont know about the turbo setup prolly t3/4 dont know what brand yet
dont know a shit load about turbo's but know enough to instal and other shit but let me know what has worked best for ur setup. what brand turbo timer and boost controller. this shit costs alot of money so i have to bug all of u and find this shit out so i can do it right the first time and get quality parts. any info will help, thanks

b18 and b20 are going to be about the same in their stock capability. What you want is a block guard probably. And don't start fucking with FMUs and shit, either do a VAFC hack or get standalone engine management.

And we have a new winner for most ridiculous sig. lol.

ok it looks like you have a dinky ass compressor and wheel

you need the turbine complete with center section, then you have to send the parts in and get the wheel balanced, too much work imo for a little t3

seems to me like a lot of unknowledgable people nowadays are just going to ebay and searching for "turbo" then they proceed to buy it regardless of what it actually is or if they know what it does, as long as it is bling bling

I'm a little partial to B20's myself. The heads are the same (virtually) for the non-vtec motors. I'd keep the turbo small for a street/strip setup. Ususally people use their cars 95% on the street. I'd say the best and cheapest turbo would be a t25. It should give you tons of boost by 2500 and start running out near 5500. If you don't plan on changing valvesprings, don't spin that motor over 6200. The stocks springs just don't like it, even though the motor makes power to 6700. I agree that the hondata option is great. The next best option would be an injector controller like sdsefi.com sells. If those two options don't meet your budget, then don't boost over 5psi anyways. The damned fmu's just aren't very accurate or reliable.

Buy a bigger turbo.If you get that one turbo fixed it whouldnt get u no where.

B, how you figure the t3/t4 means TURBONETICS?

T3 is a Garrett term, as is t4. The t3/t4 means it's a hybrid Garrett turbo...

Just as the Precision Turbos website shows.. and they have NOTHING to do with Turbonetics...

TO4E Style Compressor Cover, T3/TA34 Turbine Housing

i don't know wtf i was thinking when i typed that up
:checks post time: 3:58 am, yup that explains it.

sorry y0. glad i got you here to correct my errors

Back