1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo size for 300HP B16A

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by adnoh, Oct 12, 2004.

1. adnoh

adnoh Senior Member

Hey guys,

I've got a stock SiRII that I want to turbo. My WHP goal is 300. What is a good turbo setup and size? Hondata will be added after the install, of course.
    What, if any, internal mods should I be doing as well?
    Thanks.

2. [Freemantle]

[Freemantle] Senior Member

Well, the first thing you should be looking at is fuel management. 300whp has been done with consistancy on stock blocks with good tuning. This dosen't really mean that you should leave your block stock, but it is an option.

If you have the money to put into block modifications, then a good set of Arias or Golden EAgle forged pistons should be on your list. Sleeving will also improve the stability of your engine, along with a full rebalance. Rods and bearings are also adviseable.

To hit horsepower like that, you are going to want to use a very large turbo, along the lines of a 60-1 turbo. A .48/.50 Hybrid might be able to get you where you want with a bit better efficency, but you'll have little room for upgrade.

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

IMO, putting a 60-1 on a stock b16 is a horrible idea. and good luck finding one with a .48 a/r

you're build is screamin disco potato :)

4. NotUrAverage_Si

NotUrAverage_Si Senior Member

It's not so bad B. After turbo lag you still have about 500rpm of boost before hitting the 8200 shift point. :ph34r: Turbo lag owns me like none other. :)

Actually the more I look at my turbo, the more I wonder what the hell it is. I thought it was a 60-1, but it seems to have A Garret GT series compressor housing with the all the info sanded down (which makes it very hard for me to know) and then it has the turbonetics 5 bolt stage 3 .82 a/r hot side. So as of now I'm kind of stumped, the guy I got it from said it was a 60-1 and I know he made almost 500whp on it. :shrug2:

5. beerbongskickass

beerbongskickass Senior Member

My buddy has an sc61 on his B16, very laggy... He has ITR cams, GSR or ITR pistons (I dunno actually because he goes through them so fast lol). I think he said compression is around 9.8:1... fuck I dunno about that either lol. He has a nice wall of broken pistons, 17 psi seems to do it. He likes OEM honda internals and even though he is a good tuner (tunes my shit) he pushes his engines a tad too hard! I don't think I would have the balls for 17 psi with an sc61.

Here is a vid... http://host90.ipowerweb.com/~draglabc/dave/NoSpoolCRX.wmv

6. [Freemantle]

[Freemantle] Senior Member

Maybe I posted wrong, I was suggesting a 60-1 or a .48/.50 (probably to4e). The latter will give you a happier powerband, but the former will give you headroom if you get a stupid good build.

7. Slo86GT

Slo86GT Super Moderator

SC34 works well on my ~300 whp b16a car.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted