Turbo sizing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolidDreamz

Was thinking about getting a T3/T04E 57 trim w/.48 A/R on my gs-r

i dont want 2 much lag and im looking 4 potential to 400hp but plan on looking for around 270-300whp with about 7lbs, of course proper tuning (chrome or uberdata)

Other considerations was:
24x6x3.5 intercooler
tial 38mm wastegate
tial 50mm BOV
RC 440 injects
walboro fuel pump
unshure on turbo mani.

i got alot of other stuff that i know ill need but just thinking ahead to next step of what to get.
Slow finacial process
thanks

plus you better get bigger injectors then 440's. And if your trying to hit 400hp you've going to have to deal with lag. and as B said, 300 on 7psi just isn't gonig to happen.

and if your set on the t3/t04e go with the .63 turbine housing, the top end over any lag is worth more

ive seen 57 trims with .63 turbine housings spool by 4500 on a b16 with 3inch dp so it should be fine on a gsr, but spool time will also depend on your manifold

It will spool faster on a log manifold, but hurt the top end while an EL mani will have more lag but better top end.... price is a huge difference as well. And i know hotrex makes mani's and i think he has a short tubular thats right inbetween a log and a full el

also def get bigger injectors and a walboro 255 fuel pump

and dont worry about "psi" worry about supporting mods and having a good tuner, shoot for your power goal not a "psi"

thats not true. equal length manis spool faster than logs and continue to flow beter through out the rpm band.

dont beleive everythign you read.

my turbonator incread my horsepower 65%!!!!

ive always been led to beleive that a log will actually spool a tad bit faster than the equal length due to the exhuast pressure being more direct while it chokes up top

and then the el takes slightly longer to spool then has a much greater top end to more than make up for the slightly longer spool time

edit: i guess it depends, i should word my statement better

a log would spool 8psi on a drag kit t3/t4 faster than an el would, but when you start pushing 15,20+ psi through a nice sized turbo the el will reach full boost faster even though the log would partially spool it slightly quicker..... the turbine backpressure helps the log spool the turbo early and in turn kills it in the top end.......

it also depends what kind of EL we are talking about. There is one for prelude's with slim radiators, and i would put money that it would spool up faster than a log. However, a Ram horn might take a lil more time to spool (if any) than a log.

its all relative, in some situations the high turbine backpressure of a log would spool faster (low boost situations) where as someone making decent power would absolutely need an EL

but for his case if he only wants to run 7 pounds (even though its dumb to shoot for a psi and not a power level) a log would be better, and more cost effective for a low boost application... But should he ever want to turn up the boost, an el would be reccomended

full race has dyno proven their manifolds to come on 500 rpms quiker than other brands. i forget where the thread is.... maybe on h-t somewhere?

Quoted post[/post]]
full race has dyno proven their manifolds to come on 500 rpms quiker than other brands. i forget where the thread is.... maybe on h-t somewhere?

i was just looking for that lol, i saw jeff evans ran a test log vs full race, i know it made like 50 more hp but i forget about spool time, its hard to tell from the graph itself, there is a video though on his site

there really is too many variables to affect spool time in general, so its hard to say that in every situation, X manifold will spool faster

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

i was just looking for that lol, i saw jeff evans ran a test log vs full race, i know it made like 50 more hp but i forget about spool time, its hard to tell from the graph itself, there is a video though on his site

there really is too many variables to affect spool time in general, so its hard to say that in every situation, X manifold will spool faster

:werd:

Back