Turbo stats

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

olerebel

Is there a section or a site that has the stats for different turbos similar to what is in the motor stat section?

how do you mean? compressor maps or how much horsepower youll make? if youre asking about horsepower, youre asking the impossible.

Thinking more on the lines of the different sizes, stages, etc. To get down to it I wanted to know what kind of turbo I need for B18c5.

what kinda horsepower are you looking for. these cars didnt start turbo, so you could call it a stage 3 turbo and make 100hp over stock. I will tell you this...an ITR is not a good starting point for a daily driven turbo car. the cr is gonna make your engine go boom..

The ITR is a great platform to start with if you know what you're doing with the tuning. :)

https://hondaswap.com/~mike/turbo/

I have a few turbo maps there- but really just a small selection of turbos. If you know how to read compressor maps, they'll help you out quite a bit.

i dunno...im just hesitant about putting a turbo on an engine with a 11:1 CR (or 10.6 if its USDM). Why do you think im just gonna go for a full NA build on my prelude. tuning 10.6:1 on boost isnt gonna be fun...granted im letting phillip tune it when i have it at 11.5:1.

Quoted post[/post]]
The ITR is a great platform to start with if you know what you're doing with the tuning. :)

https://hondaswap.com/~mike/turbo/

I have a few turbo maps there- but really just a small selection of turbos. If you know how to read compressor maps, they'll help you out quite a bit.
hey, i don't like to threadjack but........ what do you think the volumetric efficiency of an H22A would be? JDM, obd-1.

also, to olerebel, you should do it(turbocharge your b18c5), but save up some money for a rebuild, before you commit to the turbo. i would *think* that the way to go with a high compression high rpm engine like that would be to get a bigger a/r on the turbine, so you don't run out of steam on the high end, and also, a really good intercooler, and an efficient turbo. i hear that the GT series turbos from garrett are some of the most efficient turbos to date, buy they're not cheap. if you keep your charge temps 'cool,' and your engine from running lean, i would think you would have a blast. plus, i would think boost combined with a high c.r. would really beef up your midrange torque. as far as what size turbo, i don't really know..... maybe something in the GT30 range. however, you should always do plenty of research before you invest so much money.

if he does go with the high CR (we're putting words in his mouth :)) then the GT3071 would be a little small. GT35 would probably fit better.

that compressor map site was exactly what i was looking for thanks!

Back