1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

turbo time

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by rudeludenotmeanthough, Sep 6, 2003.

1. rudeludenotmeanthough

rudeludenotmeanthough Senior Member

ok. i have a b20a swap in my prelude. I have now decided on boosting this thing. I would like to do this the RIGHT way, i.e internals, etc., and have a reliable daily driver.

What parts should i get and how much money would i be looking to spend? Any input is appreciated.

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

FINDING parts is going to be your biggest issue. the b20a's have a very short aftermarket.

doing things the "right" way is never cheap. expect at least 2 grand for junkyard turbo setup and new internals, and it might hit 5 grand all said and done with new stuff.

3. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

re-sleeve it!!!! that should be on top of your list of things to do with the b20. then id get new pistons and rods, then werk on a turbo kit.

4. Slammed90Lude

Slammed90Lude Senior Member

dude, www.raceeng.com has low compression boost pistons, rods and sleeve kits for the B20A5, it's a great place to start- Also, for a list of all the turbo parts you would need, visit www.ludespeed.com even though he doesn't make the kits anymore he still has lists of everything needed posted and he's a really helpful guy if you wanna email him- I don't know what kind of boost level you wanna run, but if you are gonna stay in the 7-9psi range don't forget that stock compression is 9.0:1 which is very very turbo friendly, the pistons and robs could handle more but unfortunately i'm not sure the open-decked block coud- Like i said though, Race Engineering has it all, it's a good place-

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted