turbo timers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

what makes a good turbo timer? right now im looking at a few...

BLITZ FATT X TURBO TIMER

HKS TYPE-0 TURBO TIMER

APEXI FULL AUTO TURBO TIMER

which is better anyone with experience with TT is good. Thanx

well, id buy one that AUTOMATICALLY reads the temp of your turbo and sets a time in relation to that. Its probably less of a pain to use that than to use one of the ones that you set yourself.

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Nov 3 2003, 01:33 PM
well, id buy one that AUTOMATICALLY reads the temp of your turbo and sets a time in relation to that. Its probably less of a pain to use that than to use one of the ones that you set yourself.

I have never heard of a turbo timer that does this, and its unnecessary.

30 secs to a minute should plenty of time

i got the apex full auto, mostly because its the size of a stick of gum. all the rest are pretty big

apex is that small? That is a huge plus for me!!!! no room for anything in that interior haha. About hoiw big are the others. I never seen a turbo timer in person :ph34r:

direct fromt heir website, notice the Bic pen.

pImgLeft_electronics_timer3a.jpg

most others are about the size of a vafc....

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Nov 3 2003, 11:33 AM

I got a Blitz fully automatic turbo timer for the WRX. I don't believe that it's unnecessary. Why have your car running for longer or shorter than it needs to? Plus, you don't have to deal with changing outside air temperatures, changing humidity, how long you've driven for, how hard you've driven, etc. The automatic turbo timer does this all for you. Just pull the key out of the ignition and leave.

Edit: Oh yeah, and mine is tiny as well. The control module is slightly larger and must be mounted somewhere, preferably out of sight. The actual little turbo timer is slightly larger than a stick of gum, and not very deep. Very inconspicuous.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Nov 4 2003, 12:31 PM

I got a Blitz fully automatic turbo timer for the WRX. I don't believe that it's unnecessary. Why have your car running for longer or shorter than it needs to? Plus, you don't have to deal with changing outside air temperatures, changing humidity, how long you've driven for, how hard you've driven, etc. The automatic turbo timer does this all for you. Just pull the key out of the ignition and leave.

right- i never said the actual timer was unnecessary, but having one installed so it measures temperature at the turbo would be. Full auto timers are sweet, but they judge the time it will idle the car based on rpm and time you are above ~1200 rpm or so, at least that was the case on my hks type 1...that was about the same size as a pack of cards

if i were to buy another timer it would be the apex'i one...

No, I know, I didn't mean to say that you implied that turbo timers in general are not necessary. What I was saying was, a fully automatic turbo timer, in my mind, is a useful tool, since it does the brainwork for you, and you don't have to go and change the settings based upon your driving on any particular day.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Nov 4 2003, 04:39 PM
No, I know, I didn't mean to say that you implied that turbo timers in general are not necessary. What I was saying was, a fully automatic turbo timer, in my mind, is a useful tool, since it does the brainwork for you, and you don't have to go and change the settings based upon your driving on any particular day.

:werd:

be careful, on some cars with aftermarket alarm/vacuum lock systems, if you leave the turbo timer on and set the alarm and walk away, when the car shuts down, it may unlock and disable the alarm. A turbo timer that has both auto and manual modes is ideal. that's what I want......not that I have a turbo or anything.

i was thinking about gettin a turbo timer and i found out that this apex one has an air/fuel ratio meter built in and i just wanted to know how accurate of a reading does it give? b/c i was going to get an egt, boost, and air/fuel gauges...but if the turbo timer already has one built in that will give me an accurate reading, then i wont have to purchase the a/f gauge separately...(then i'll prob just get a oil pressure gauge instead)...thanks

also, whats a good price to pay for this one?

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Nov 15 2003, 02:27 AM
you dont need a a/f guage, oh yeah...get a oil pres guage.

why wouldnt you need a a/f gauge? wouldnt u want to know if your car was leaning out or not?

Originally posted by inspecta83+Nov 15 2003, 02:34 AM-->
Seany-izzle
@Nov 15 2003, 02:27 AM
you dont need a a/f guage, oh yeah...get a oil pres guage.

why wouldnt you need a a/f gauge? wouldnt u want to know if your car was leaning out or not?

unless you're running a wideband 02 sensor to source from (which you won't if you are using a honda computer) the reading is bullshit anyway.

http://www.hondata.com/techwidebandtuning.html

Back