turbo troubles

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tonyls

ok keep in mind ive never worked with a turbo car before. ok went to mount up my turbo last night and one way the compressor side dumps into the radiator and the other way right into the block. would it fuck anything up if i took out the bolts and turned it to fit or am i just fucked?

Quoted post[/post]]
ok keep in mind ive never worked with a turbo car before. ok went to mount up my turbo last night and one way the compressor side dumps into the radiator and the other way right into the block. would it fuck anything up if i took out the bolts and turned it to fit or am i just fucked?

I'm assuming you are talking about the coolant lines coming from the catridge section of your turbo to your radiator and block. You don't "need" these in the sense that you don't need a strut tower brace. However, it is a nice thing to have around.

yes you can turn them to fit the way you want

Then if you notice an exhaust leak, tighten them some more.

I never torqued mine. Clocked it, then just tightened it up with a regular wrench.

If you're new to this, make sure the oil feed/drain fittings are facing up and down, if not...you WILL have an oil flow problem. It's a lot harder to break the exhuast side's bolts then the compressor side, but you'll need to get them off to clock the center cartridge, there is no feasible way around it..

Back