Turbo Turbo Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorito_burrito

there has been quite a debate about the LS/turbo vs. the GSR, and which would be more cost efficient compared to performance.
everyone has been saying the turbo will dust the gsr any day, YES it will, but cost effiency is MUCH worse.
The second you drop a turbo into your vehicle, any vehicle, your insurance will go up a blistering ass hurting amount that u have to pay ANNUALLY. as we all know, money doesnt grow on trees. my buddy had to pay 6800 canadian in insurance a year on his 96 civc, dropped in a turbo and it went straight to 8100 the minute he called his insurance company (maybe a bad mistake, maybe not). When you think about it, after about 1-2 years, you wouldve save enuff in insurance to have payed for a gsr or type-r motor

If money didnt matter, then we'd probably all buy better cars lol

what exactly is the point of this thread?

and how is cost efficiency so much worse? I pay the same amount for insurance that i did with my d15b motor as i do with the ls/t

And the cost of the ls/t was the same price as a stock gsr swap.

Originally posted by SolReaver@Apr 16 2003, 03:13 AM
what exactly is the point of this thread?

That's what is going through my mind.

hhaha... yeah.. theres no real point to it... i was just stating a point... and if you pay the same insurance rate that you did before the engine swap, or dropping in a turbo, then that means you didnt disclose all information to your insurance company. IF you happen to get into an accident, or, god forbid, you hit someone, you'll have a huge lawsuit on your hands because your insurance company will not cover it (for the reason that they are insuring you on a different vehicle than the one stated in contract). I have heard of this happening before. I also heard of some people getting a 'special parts' insurance? i dunno... this post is pointless hahaha

:werd: I have a problem like that because my mom wants me to get insurance to cover my few mods to my car and the insurance for all the mods is damn near like 290 a month, so until it goes down to 205 in like 4 months my car is well parked in the garage catching dust but really the extra insurance pays for every little thing on my car, like I hit a guy running a red light and break the cf hood, they buy me a new one, I back into a tree, they fix the bumper, etc. Its worth it in the long run but really its pointless.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Apr 15 2003, 09:48 PM
but really the extra insurance pays for every little thing on my car, like I hit a guy running a red light and break the cf hood, they buy me a new one, I back into a tree, they fix the bumper, etc.

whoah there buddy!!!! LOL
your CF hood is the least of your worries!!!
in the current sue happy america, if you hit someone, you're suddenly in court battling a 2 million dollar handicap lawsuit which your insurance wont cover if you dont disclose your aftermarket parts... but yeah.. u get the idea

Shut the fuck. Your a little fucktard. If you swap a gsr into your car your insurence will go up if you tell them. If you swap a gsr into your car it is the same as putting a turbo on your engine. My friend has an acura integra gsr and he pays like 500 bucks a month. I have a 1994 v-6 camaro and i only pay at the most 100 bucks a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back