turbo vaccum hose help - h22 with tial wastegate and bov t3/t4 turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fondyboi

Can anyone provide me with some picture of how they hook up their vaccum line up to their car or general ideas. I have a h22a with a t3/t4 turbo, tial 50mm bov and wasgate. I look up the hose diagram on tial's website but it dont provide me alot of details. As of right now, I have the vaccum line from the bov connecting to the line that comes out in the middle of the intake manifold, after the throttle plate. For the wastegate, i have it connecting to the turbo. I'll try and get some pic up soon.

that sounds about right. bov to fuel pressure regulator line would be better. and for the wastegate, either to the turbo OR to the brake booster line. the best thing to do would be tap brake booster line and install a vacuum manifold, and run everything off that source. bc your boost pressure will drop slightly from going throught the intercooler to the engine. for example if your wastegate is set for 8psi, your WG is reading right off the turbo, which it might be making 8psi, but after going through the intercooler, you might lose a psi. so really you only running 7-7.5. if you read your WG source off of the intake manifold, i.e. off the brake booster line, you will have your WG source reading exactly what your engine is seeing. hope this info helps. i personally have my boostgauge and bov tee'd off the fuel pressure regulator line, and my wastegate off the brake booster.

Back