Turbo Vs. Supercharger

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey wait a minute! What about torque? HP isn't any good if you have no torque. I have a d16z6 and was looking into forced induction and i have been looking around everywhere! SC seem to put more torque out while turbos seem to get higher HP numbers. I foung sc to be about $700-800 more but i like the torque figures! I guess around here everyone has gay eclipses with turbos, but when i raced my friend in my sol and his GST I beat him off the line and held him for about the end of 2nd gear. Now if I had a SC he would never even have a chance. Also if you have a SC u can go incognito and smoke everything around. I like the low end power for the back roads and who the fuck really goes abouve 130mph on a daily base!!!! I like SC!! Plus I use to have a SC thunderbird (Now there was torque!)

Originally posted by SolPWR@Jun 10 2003, 11:24 AM
hey wait a minute! What about torque? HP isn't any good if you have no torque. I have a d16z6 and was looking into forced induction and i have been looking around everywhere! SC seem to put more torque out while turbos seem to get higher HP numbers. I foung sc to be about $700-800 more but i like the torque figures! I guess around here everyone has gay eclipses with turbos, but when i raced my friend in my sol and his GST I beat him off the line and held him for about the end of 2nd gear. Now if I had a SC he would never even have a chance. Also if you have a SC u can go incognito and smoke everything around. I like the low end power for the back roads and who the fuck really goes abouve 130mph on a daily base!!!! I like SC!! Plus I use to have a SC thunderbird (Now there was torque!)

hp is the measure of torque at a rpm. so 400hp@9000 would be about 233lbs@9000. the sc makes more torque down low beause it makes boost off of the crank, while turbo uses exaust energy(for turbo higher rpm=more exaust=more energy for turbo)

Back