Turbo VS. Supercharger

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiKoNe

say i have a h22a which would better suit my application for reliability and speed. i have kinda a heavy car 97 honda civic all glassed in stereo four twelves airride and amps and stuff. so which should i go with. :)

there isn't a better, there is a preference based on application. Are you saying you have a 97 civic with an H22 swap and your considering forced incudtion, or are you just being hypathetical?

here we go . . . .

I would say if you are looking for some extra passing power or something that area go with a supercharger as they do have limitations as to how much boost you can run with them. If you are looking for something that you can easily transfer from say motor to motor or car to car, and something that can grow then go with a turbo kit.

i'd say just keep the h22 n/a, cuz 4 grand later, you still won't be fast with all that weight in there.

pick 1- show car, race car

you can't have both

There is a way to make everything work. But I don't think that you are going to be able to squeeze a JR Supercharger in between the firewall and engine on that swap.

I just want a billy bad ass motor in there with an ability to go fast with all the weight out of the car

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 28 2003, 07:01 PM
i'd say just keep the h22 n/a, cuz 4 grand later, you still won't be fast with all that weight in there.

pick 1- show car, race car

you can't have both

:werd: I was going to say the same thing...

For me to pick between a Turbo or SC, I'd go with a turbo simply because it has less parasitic loss from the engine to create the extra power. Sure it bottle necks the exhaust, but you're not driving a belt off the crankshaft to produce the extra power... either way you're gonna have to upgrade the fuel, electronics, electrical system.

Honestly though, I'd like to go with a supercharger on my Si simply because it's different, you don't see it very often. :worthy:

Do some research- a JR blower WILL NOT fit on an H22 in a Civic chassis, not because of the firewall, but because of the drivers shock tower being in the direct path of the charger belt. You CANNOT get around this. Like B said- stick with the show car theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back