1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

turbo which motor?

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by hayabusa160, Jun 29, 2003.

1. hayabusa160

hayabusa160 Junior Member

got my 92 hatch and finally got a real job as a parkway toll collector i was woundering should i get the b16 or the b18c when i have they money. i plan to go turbo. gettin the b16 i'll have more money to build it up alittle. the b18c i can still build it up alittle but its going to take me longer but i can wait. what u guys think. i plan to run 8-10psi the most daily driver. i want to walk all these riced out mustangs and ricers around here they makin me sick

2. spillyp13

spillyp13 Junior Member

i would get a obd1 b18b motor, lower the compression, steel sleeves, short arms, turbo deep dish pistons, etc. i dont know what the swap involves most likely engine mounts, shift linkage, axles, tranny, a little bit of wiring, etc.

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

you have tons of options.
    any b-series boosted will be fast.

If you have the money, the b18c1 is your best choice... but it is a little more money. it comes with a tranny thats got good ratios on it for boost too.

the ls and the b16 are kinda a toss up. both are cheaper, but not as powerful.

Whatever you do, DON'T listen to the guy above who says to lower the compression. The days of lowering to 8.5:1 and running an FMU are OVER!!!! hondata and the likes are out, and street cars are running 10:1 safely, and making a butt load of more power.

4. hayabusa160

hayabusa160 Junior Member

yea i plan to go 9:1 compression the lowest i plan to go maybe a 10:1 thanks on the info.

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

my motor is 9:1 and if it wasn't pre-built that way, id run 10:1

more compression = less boost + more power

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted