turbo which motor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hayabusa160

got my 92 hatch and finally got a real job as a parkway toll collector i was woundering should i get the b16 or the b18c when i have they money. i plan to go turbo. gettin the b16 i'll have more money to build it up alittle. the b18c i can still build it up alittle but its going to take me longer but i can wait. what u guys think. i plan to run 8-10psi the most daily driver. i want to walk all these riced out mustangs and ricers around here they makin me sick

i would get a obd1 b18b motor, lower the compression, steel sleeves, short arms, turbo deep dish pistons, etc. i dont know what the swap involves most likely engine mounts, shift linkage, axles, tranny, a little bit of wiring, etc.

you have tons of options.
any b-series boosted will be fast.

If you have the money, the b18c1 is your best choice... but it is a little more money. it comes with a tranny thats got good ratios on it for boost too.

the ls and the b16 are kinda a toss up. both are cheaper, but not as powerful.

Whatever you do, DON'T listen to the guy above who says to lower the compression. The days of lowering to 8.5:1 and running an FMU are OVER!!!! hondata and the likes are out, and street cars are running 10:1 safely, and making a butt load of more power.

yea i plan to go 9:1 compression the lowest i plan to go maybe a 10:1 thanks on the info.

my motor is 9:1 and if it wasn't pre-built that way, id run 10:1

more compression = less boost + more power

Back