1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

turbo!?!?

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by H0ndap0w3r, Nov 3, 2002.

1. H0ndap0w3r

H0ndap0w3r Banned

yeah i was wonder if turbo charging a d16y8 w/ a greddy turbo would be a good idea? if not then what would be possible with like 3 grand. i and im probally going to put it in an 89 hatch back possible an si but theres always converting.

or should i save up and just get a b16 something or a gsr thenn turbo charge that. what would be the best bang for the buck. also power and relaibilty. so what would the best way to go be. dohc v tec and sohc v tec. i dunno so just give me so feed back.

and how much power would i be able to get outta both setups w/ like 8 psi on both the dohc and the sohc. all with stock internals. and just a turbo mostlikely a greddy?

2. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

I would always go with a b series engine over the d's b's are much stronger. The b18b is the simplest to boost and the engine is not that exsensive. The GSR is a strong engine but it is a little harder to tune for turbo. If you do have the time, a turbo b18c1 will make you faster than 99.999999999999% of the cars on the road.

3. Domeskilla

Domeskilla Senior Member

I would go LS/Turbo, its cheaper then the GS-R/Turbo and a lot easier to tune.

4. khan

khan Village idiot

b16

ctr cams

50 shot

5. H0ndap0w3r

H0ndap0w3r Banned

what bout a sohc turbo ????? no one ever answered all they said was a dohc i wanna noe bout a sohc too. thanks

6. khan

khan Village idiot

sohc sux. not too much power potential

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted