Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i guess i should say i'm more into the happy medium kinda thing, have looks and go fast. when i hit 13's and look good doing it, i'll be happy. i'd much rather do that then hit 11's - 12's and look like shit.

Originally posted by 90 accord@Jan 29 2004, 03:50 PM
on a side note- my old boss had a SHO, cost him like $300 to get teh spark plugs changed, as they are really inexessible..

no lie.

you have to actually disconnect a motor mounts to tilt the engine forward to reach the rear spark plugs. have a friend who had a 95 SHO and we would cruise on nights when all the riced out hondas were racnig. we walked all of them every time. and the cops never ever gave us a second glance. it was great. the perfect sleeper car. stock, yeah it's nice to have a low 15 second car. but i've raced two SHO's in my Mustang and won both of them EASY. first one was against my friends SHO and the second was when I first got my Mustang and wanted to race it. this stupid green SHO kept following me around, so i decided to race. i missed a shift and still beat him 0-65 (ran out of street).
cool sleeper cars, but they need lots of TLC and Money.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jan 30 2004, 12:50 AM
like i said, decent sleeper. has potential like all v8's do

<_< Those two SHOs have 3.0L V6s.

That civic that had supposedly 390 hp ran REAL slow for that much power. With a launch like that, he should have easily run low 12s.

Originally posted by Iquark@Jan 30 2004, 01:14 AM
That civic that had supposedly 390 hp ran REAL slow for that much power. With a launch like that, he should have easily run low 12s.

No that civic doesn't have 390 Hp. I was talking about the video thats what they need.

Originally posted by Prowler+Jan 30 2004, 12:40 AM-->
90 accord
@Jan 29 2004, 03:50 PM
on a side note- my old boss had a SHO, cost him like $300 to get teh spark plugs changed, as they are really inexessible..

no lie.

you have to actually disconnect a motor mounts to tilt the engine forward to reach the rear spark plugs. have a friend who had a 95 SHO and we would cruise on nights when all the riced out hondas were racnig. we walked all of them every time. and the cops never ever gave us a second glance. it was great. the perfect sleeper car. stock, yeah it's nice to have a low 15 second car. but i've raced two SHO's in my Mustang and won both of them EASY. first one was against my friends SHO and the second was when I first got my Mustang and wanted to race it. this stupid green SHO kept following me around, so i decided to race. i missed a shift and still beat him 0-65 (ran out of street).
cool sleeper cars, but they need lots of TLC and Money.

You have to do that on any front wheel drive V6 car... Lumina, Monte Carlo, Grand Am, Grand Prix, Taurus LX, SE, SHO, etc..

Originally posted by revolution8k+Jan 30 2004, 12:51 AM-->
@Jan 30 2004, 12:50 AM

Yup, only the newer body style, like late 90's, had the V8. I saw one the other day and checked it out, found out that its like a 4.2 liter or something, fuckin small for a V8. They could've atleast used their 4.6.

Originally posted by senate_9427+Feb 2 2004, 11:20 AM-->
Originally posted by revolution8k@Jan 30 2004, 12:51 AM
JDMilan
@Jan 30 2004, 12:50 AM

Yup, only the newer body style, like late 90's, had the V8. I saw one the other day and checked it out, found out that its like a 4.2 liter or something, fuckin small for a V8. They could've atleast used their 4.6.

uh no. lol

SHOs had no affilation with Mustang motors, and Ford never allowed the SHO to outshine the Mustang in power production.

96-99 (still) had Yamaha built 3.4L DOHC 60 degree V8s making the same amount of power as the 3.0 V6s (220 hp) and only came with a 4 speed automatic.

The only problem with the 96+ was the cams would twist off the cam gears causing valve float, and since it was an interference engine, that would cause problems... 20,000 dollar problems. :blink:

Originally posted by revolution8k@Feb 2 2004, 12:28 PM
The only problem with the 96+ was the cams would twist off the cam gears causing valve float, and since it was an interference engine, that would cause problems... 20,000 dollar problems. :blink:

It does cost money, but not 20k dollar problems. Highest I have heard was 8k. The engine is a Yahmaha, not a Porsche engine

Originally posted by asmallsol+Feb 2 2004, 03:21 PM-->
revolution8k
@Feb 2 2004, 12:28 PM

It does cost money, but not 20k dollar problems. Highest I have heard was 8k. The engine is a Yahmaha, not a Porsche engine

I've seen receipts posted on the net from shotimes.com from a retarded SHO owner who paid $20k to have the entire fucking engine rebuilt after the cam twisted off the gear and caused damage to every single exhaust valve on the front side, and this was with using all stock yamaha/ford parts.

Dunno why he would be that fucking stupid. :shrug2:

Originally posted by revolution8k@Jan 30 2004, 11:12 AM
You have to do that on any front wheel drive V6 car... Lumina, Monte Carlo, Grand Am, Grand Prix, Taurus LX, SE, SHO, etc..

Maybe domestic FWD V6's....

I was able to change the plugs on my friend's V6 Camry without doing that, by just using a swivel/knuckle on the end of my ratchet. It was a bitch, though, since the Toyota engineers decided to run two non-flexible fuel lines right in the fucking way.

Back