Turbocharged Camry?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondarin

Please enter a value using 50 characters or fewer.
VIP
Alright, my brother has a 96 camry with a 5s-fe 4 cyl engine, and he's been thinking about doing some kind of turbo system. anyway, i was wondering if anyone here had any insights into fuel management, injectors, and so on. or, if anyone has any good links to camry forums with good information. he wants the car to remain daily-driveable. he's looking for somewhere around 200 whp.

You do the same as you would with a Honda... get the right parts together, then bolt it all up and find a way to tune it. In a pinch, you could use an SAFC and a MSD BTM to control everything, especially at a 200whp power level. Toyota makes very stout engines, so they can actually handle quite a bit of abuse. Learn how to read compressor maps to size everything up correctly, then hit up some Toyota boards to figure out what fuel management you can use.

I might be wrong, but a T3 super 60 (kinda small) should get you to where you want to be. im not sure if there is a hondata like company for toyota, but you can always use AEM, Megasquirt, or SAFC (like suggested above)

Hehe...I'm gonna say it....MoTec?

Naw, seriously - megasquirt, Haltech, or even the AEM universal systems.

thanks for the replies, i'll relay this info to my brother next time i talk to him. and oh, keep the info coming, if you come up with anything else.

Back