Turbochargind my D15B!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic92jak

Hey, i know a little about turbocharging but i have questions. I am lookin into turbocharging my D15B in my 92 Civic DX. I am currently thinking of running a T25 turbo. I was lookin to get about 7psi so i can stick with my stock pistons and valve train. As far as injectors go and fuel pressure, will i need to upgrade any of this or will it support a 7psi boost? Any and all info would be helpful.

t25's are pretty small dude. I really wouldn't recommend it for any motor.

look for a small t3... like .42/.48 or something from a saab, or thunderbird or something.

while i'd recommend a larger turbo, here's what you need.

stock injectors, 12:1 FMU, missing link map bypass check valve
OR
dsm/etc 440-450cc injectors, resistor box if necessary, apex VAFC

while there are other options, you really don't need to go there for a small turbo on low boost.

B, I think the T25 is fine for his application. Second gen DSM's run them on a 2 liter motor, and while I hate DSM's as much as the next guy, they do a pretty good job boosting at low psi.

trust me... granted, its on a 2l, but they also run 14+ psi and make 200 hp.
they top out/stop making power at 5000 rpms. its just too small

Thanks, guys. I just was lookin for a turbo that could spool up fast but not to big for my app. I was hopin to stick with the stock pump and injectors. But if i gotta upgrade i will. If anyone could give me some models of T3's that you are recoommending would help me out. Keep the feedback comin.

you can use your stock injectors with an FMU, but you're going to want to at least run an inline pump.

Ok, and i will have to disconnect my stock pump correct? Still need model numbers for the recommended turbos.

just wonderin as to why i have to run a FMU with a 12:1 disc in it when all i am runnin is 7psi. Wouldn't an 8:1 be the more realistic way to go. i am not lookin for balls to the walls power guys. Just a little pic me up.

8:1 Is like 12-15 mpg blowing black smoke all the time rich mang.

:no:

run a 12:1.

8:1 and 12:1 are fmu dics, NOT a/f ratios.

inline pumps works WITH your stock pump. that's why its called inline.

stock pump - - -- inline booster - - -- filter - - - rail - -- inj's - - - combustion

2 threads down you were saying that its too small too.. wtf

alright, thanks for the heads up pissedoffsol. Like i said, i know a little about it. and as far as the fmu disks, i though it was psi related.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 9 2004, 01:30 AM

same thread you said that the t25 is a good turbo for a cx motor, which is a d15b. honkey said that its too small for a 2.2 litre.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 9 2004, 12:30 AM

Too small for a 2200cc F22, but not too small for a 1500cc D15.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 8 2004, 02:10 AM

run a 12:1.

8:1 and 12:1 are fmu dics, NOT a/f ratios.

inline pumps works WITH your stock pump. that's why its called inline.

stock pump - - -- inline booster - - -- filter - - - rail - -- inj's - - - combustion

Little off there, man.

stock pump - - - filter - - - inline booster - - - rail - -- inj's - - - combustion

That's better. :p

You can mount the inline after the filter in the soft hose before the rail using some barb fittings.

As far as 8:1/12:1 disks are concerned, it has to do with boost pressure and fuel pressure.

The theory is that for every pound of boost over atmospheric that the FMU "reads". it adds 8 pounds of fuel pressure, which is 8:1.

So say you have a base fuel pressure of 38 PSI, and you boost 7 psi with an 8:1 disk. You'd be making 38 + (7 * 8) = 94 PSI of fuel pressure, which is too much for a stock pump to keep up with reliably. That's why you'd need the inline pump to help boost the flow capabilities at that high of fuel pressure.

thats what i thought, but like i said, don't know all that much. I just wanna run a 7psi boost on my stock D15B. What turbo would be good for this app? Some say T25 won't cut it, others say it will. Some say to use a T3. Some please confirm on what turbo i should use. And my a place where i can get the inline booster.

Originally posted by SiR Kid+Mar 10 2004, 06:04 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Mar 8 2004, 02:10 AM

Little off there, man.

stock pump - - - filter - - - inline booster - - - rail - -- inj's - - - combustion

That's better. :p

You can mount the inline after the filter in the soft hose before the rail using some barb fittings.

:wacko: for a sec i thought i did mine wrong.

Back