Turbocharging Stock b17a1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Nagro

Hey, I am new to the forum here and I was just wondering if anyone knows if I would be able to turbo a b17a1 with out rebuilding it?

I was just thinking of upgrading my fuel system and just keeping the boost at like 10psi max. I would upgrade the headgasket to a better metal one.

Would this be OK? I need the car to be reliable for highway driving but still quick for goin to the track and such.

If you can help me please post.

Thanks El Nagro.

Yes you can boost a b17 if you take car of the fuel and run low boost you should be fine. As for your gaol of 10psi, why dont you make a power level your goal, and then you can work form there.

10psi wasnt realy a goal just wondering if it would be possible to do 10psi on a b series. I accualy dont even own the car my friend does and he wants to make it fast so..... I went to the wreckers with his and we got a audi k26 turbo for $50. He wants to use it and I was just wondering for both me and his sake how far it could be pushed and still be reliable. I myself am still trying to figure out what to do as a project a fast import or a mini truck.

i've heard every where that u should keep ur boost levels around 6-8 psi on a stock bottom end and as long as u find the right parts it should work fine :)

This topic has been closed :locked:

Why? It is in the wrong place. Please post your topic in the right forums. Hybrid is not for suspension or interior posts. EG is not for EF questions, and so forth.

If you have any questions, please PM the moderator who closed this topic.

-The moderating Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back