Turbod GSR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stivic

I just did a GSR swap in my civic and I want to go turbo I dont want one of those small greddy turbos that only give like 120 more hp to the wheels i want to do a bigger turbo i was thinking like drag 3 or rev hard stage 3 or 4 I just dont know what i need to do to set my motor up for one i mean I heard if i do like upgraded valves that brings compression up and for turbo a lower compression is better ive heard. So can anyone give me some advice as to what mods shud i do before putting on a turbo. As of right now I have as follows, Greddy exhaust, aem V2 cold air, aem underdrive and unorthodox crank pulleys, venom intake manifold, type r throttle body and (stage 3 exedy racing clutch and flywheel which i havnt installed yet) and I have no idea what size injectors I will need please help Im thinking of doing skunk2 stage II cams and maybe an LS crank and rods not sure on the pistons yet

Depending on what kind of horsepower you want to get out of your set up, you may want to upgrade your stock pistons and rods with forged pistons and rods. Upgrading valvetrain is never a bad idea. Fuel upgrades, an engine management system and good tuning are essential for making your motor last. You may even want to get your blocked sleeved.

Back