Turbo'ed D16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nealo

is 120k miles too many on a d16z6 for a turbo application to be applied? im trying to stay street legal and the only turbo kit i know of that is legal in cali. is the GReddy one.

It all depends on the condition of the engine. You can boost an engine with 200k miles if it wasnt beat the shit out of. On the other hand, an engine with 5k miles may blow. All turbo applications need build up, throwing a turbo/downpipe/manifold/ wastegate on a stock engine WILL blow, it's a matter of time. Build up the engine (valve train, pistons/rods, cam, tuning, etc) and you are good to go.

it really dos depend on the condition of the motor, i think youll be ok though, im runin 8-9 psi on a d16 with 205000miles and it runs great!

if i were you i would at least get Hondata, and personally i would start looking into a better valve train...

atleast D16 Si motors are cheap, so when your 1st one blows you'll have a chance to build the second one. :lol:

Back