Turboed D16y7

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

unsivil_audio

Ninja's pwn samuri's.
Hey I want to get 200whp outta my D16y7 and heres how I'm looking at it right now. Stock = 107hp, 102lb-ft, +10hp hondata ecu, +10hp cams and stiffer springs better valve retainers, +10hp 2.5in enlarged mandrel bent exhaust, +5hp no cats, +15hp 5 angle pnp job, +2hp NGK Iridium plugs (had them recommended to me for boost),= 159hp, 154lb-ft +10psi of boost (100hp?) with thicker head gasket to slightly drop comp = 259hp, 254lb-ft - 20whp = 239whp, 235lb-ft of torque

Now, is that very plausable? Or are those numbers way off and I should expect way less from this setup? I dont have to meet emissions so I'll take any bit of power I can by getting rid of cats and what not, but I want at least 200 whp BEFORE I do a vtec conversion on it. Please post your opinions. I'd like to achieve this mark before motor swapping my car but I want my car to be streetable, possible? Also would this put me into low 13's you think?

Thanks in advance,

Joel

if your planning to swap the engine do it before you do anything else or else most of the money you dump into this one will be wasted

and those numbers are definatly on the high side

Thats what everyone tells me but since I have limited experience in this area of performance I'd rather have a "pratice" block to learn from that risk ruining a 2500 B-series motor. I realize I will lose money this way, but its not that big of deal after all the MAJORITY of part can be reused on the swapped motor in the future. Besides this way I will have way more torque than most b-series because the torque and horsepower numbers are so closely rated on my motor it should make for a torque turbo setup!

.02 of my cents ;)

Tq numbers dont go up evenly with HP numbers
if that was the case then everyone would be building the shit out of CX motors seeing that it has more Tq than HP (70hp, 80Tq)

and most of those parts will not be usable on your B series engine
cams, springs, valve retainers, PnP, NGK Iridium plugs, head gasket, the turbo manifold, as well as all of the piping for the turbo

your going to be throwing away a lot of money if you do it this way

just do some research, take your time to learn as much as you can
that will keep you from wasting money

Back