turboing a d15b2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

okk i need a lil help im going to b running a turbo setup on my 88crxwith a (d15b2mpfi swap)
the setup i want to run is a t3 stock 300zx turbo
a srt4 intercooler
and a cast iron ebay mani
ok 4 fuel ima run a h22 fuel pump
injctors from a d16a1
a manual boost controler
and a chipped pm6 or shud i leave the ecu stock??

okk so my ? to u guys is whats the mostpsiyou wud run off the motor
is this a good setup do i need more or is this it
and when im runing this setup do i turn the dizzy adv. or retard ??
MY GOAL IS TO BEAT A H22A4 DELSOL WITH RACINGMOUNTS
STAGE 4 CLUTCH
450CC INJECTORS
CUSTOM INTAKE MANIFOLD
AND A VTEC CONTROLER TUNED AND CHIPPED :confused:

1) have you seen the internals of a b2 motor? The rods are about as thick as your pinkie finger.
2) do you have any experiance with turbos? if not than I would not recomend that you start this project unless you are willing to blow the motor.
3) I would not run more than 5-6 psi from a small turbo on that engine, I would not even run a t3, to much lag for not enough power in your application. Find a smaller turbo.
4) If the h swapped sol has been properly built and tuned and has a decent driver than I don't think you would have a chance any way so why bother blowing up your motor.
5) that being said I don't know anyone who is a true gear head that has not blown up at least one motor in the process of learning to build and race cars.

is this a good setup do i need more or is this it

you need more. i'm sorry i just came in and laughed at your build thread but...you gotta start with something that can handle what you're trying to do. even a girl knows that.

:shrug2:

good luck.

ps:
Code Displacement Power Torque Compression Bore Stroke Cam Design VTEC? OBD Production
D15B2 1493 92@6000 89@4500 9.2:1 75 84.5 sohc no 0 1988-1991 Civic DX/LX, CRX DX

Last edited:
to all the ppl tht think ima blow my motor guess what i dnt care i have a h22a1 with everything i need sitting in my garage so fuck it and yea i prolly have the fastest d series non turbo no nitrous n/a any of you have ever seen and yea i kno bout turbos i have a 1g eclipse tht me and my bro built by hand

so if you know so much why are you asking?

Pretty sure I have a contender for the fastest stock d series... But hey you could be right

Not.
i have never ben beat by a single cam hahahahaha i race dohc non vtec and walk them so where u located come run me

to all the ppl tht think ima blow my motor guess what i dnt care i have a h22a1 with everything i need sitting in my garage so fuck it and yea i prolly have the fastest d series non turbo no nitrous n/a any of you have ever seen and yea i kno bout turbos i have a 1g eclipse tht me and my bro built by hand

Not gonna bash ya..

All honesty I think you should try what your gunning for on a D16y8...That's IF you prefer to remain single cam and can't go B or H..

It's a good motor to just leave stock and throw boost at, Get an intercooler, controller, preferably a TUNABLE ECU, and a TUNE, Run 91 Octane all the time and be merry raping Unmodified B-Series motors before the end of second gear.

Merry Christmas.

if you want to keep the d series D16Z6 is the best sohc to put boost on stock internals wise but i'm with everyone else if you want to use a D15B2 if anything take the rods to your local machine shop and get them shot pinned and magna fluxed add nice new rings and bearings and get a multi layered steel head gasket also do bolt ons like intake manifold and your exhaust manifold chip the ecu by sending it in to hondata chip it with the s300j set up make sure you set your valve lash on you can get a maintenance book to get the specs that you should set them get a D16A6 cam for the boost convert your ignition to external coil instead of the internal coil MSD as the kit easy set up really it is and really you'd be better running nitrous then turbo also get a short throw a better clutch and lightened flywheel like stage 3 easy kit to find the better injectors like the 430cc injectors from rc make sure on the intake mani you get the throttle body make sure its at least 68mm in diameter get a good exhaust done for it like 2.5in all the way back take out the cat and header and down pipe and get your pistons reconditioned run good oil like royal purple in the trans and the motor get a nice radiator like a double thick radiator for like a '92-'95 del sol with the low profile cooling fan and make sure you have a nice stiff suspension to eliminate the wheel hop run premium at the least and zex spark plugs with the nitrous make sure you retard the ignition 2 degrees for every 50 shot i would do a 75 shot tops retard the system by 3 degrees anyways i could keep going on and on if you want more help just ask i have a D15B2 that keeps up with my stock H22A accord ex n/a

lik i said jus run me dnt b shy
o i wud run turbo on a z6 or y8 but i blew them up cuz i put a chip on them and bom
so im stuck with the rebuilt d15b2 or jus swap the h series in the garage in to everyone tht is trying to help me out thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back