turboing h23non v-tec....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dmolchanoff

i have a 92 prelude h23 non v-tec. i read a couple other forum's but all they were saying is that u have to change the sleeves in a h22 if u want to turbo it even jus put forged rods and pistons in. is this the same for an h23 if i am looking to put in forged rods and pistons do i have to change the sleeves... i want to run a t3/t4 hybrid turbo maybe pushing 15psi all times...and 20-25 when racing

15psi maybe on the stock block but I wouldnt try 20-25 with that size turbo. You should be able to make around 300whp with good tuning on the stock block.

No, you dont have to change the sleeves in the h23 to run forged internals. But if you really want to run 20-25 psi, you should.

can you do the sleeves your self.....? or do u have to get them machined in? and how much does it cost on average to get them done professionally?

You have to get them done, and I've heard of people getting them for a little over 800. Somewhere near a grand is a little more realistic, especially if you don't have a machine shop close. Do some research and see what you can find.

so as soon as i get forged rods and pistons and rings im going to have to change the sleeves right away in my h23? i cant jus run at most 15 psi without changin the sleeves? and i cant get a straight answer...every website i go to it has different information. some false and some true....what should i do? jus forge the rods and pistons and run only 15 psi until i get my hands on a f23? or jus spend the 1000 dollars on gettin the sleeves done? is the h23 going to be able to handle 15psi coming from a t3/t4 hybrid with only forged rods and pistons?

Last edited:
I gave you the answer you wanted ;) You can run that 15psi on the stock block. No need for any forged internals, it will prolly last longer if you did but there's no reason you cant boost the stock block to 15psi.

Back