Turbo'ing the D

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nealo

I've come to the conclusion that im not gonna keep this Hatch for long. Less than Long meaning 6 years at the most. So im not planning on swapping in a newer engine anymore (the d16z6 having only 120k on it). So I'm just gonna build and turbo the bitch. I just want to know whats involved in turboing the d16, the greddy kit (the only carb legal one i know of) is less than 2k. How much am I looking to spend in all? A little help would be appreciated. :spin:

honestly, why bother?

why dump 4 grand into it to get not much more when it comes time to sell it.

dont listen to him.

it will cost you an additional 200.00 in misc. part for the turbo install if you do it yourself, which i highly reccomend.

greddy kit from optionsautosalon.com runs you about 1600.00
blow off valve ( a must) runs you 200, plus 40 for flange.

paying someone else to instally your turbo kit is NOT reccomended.
otherwise if something goes wrong, how will you know how to fix it?
you HAVE to do it yourself....

an intercooler is NOT needed at stock boost with the greddy kit.

i took out a brand new bmw z4, bmw 23, and mercedes benz e430 convertible with my sohc boosted enigne with STOCK exhaust and STOCK cat.

if you want more information about boosting your "d" series motor, go
HERE

the total install on my greddy kit cost me 2300.00
1600 for the kit
200 for bov
50 for flange
200 for misc parts
200 for guages and guage pod.

i can beat a b16 civic no problem.....

can you get a b16 swapped into your civic and run low 15's in a HEAVY ass ek coupe from the get-go for that amount of money?????

if you only want to run mid 13's reliably, then boosting your sohc is the cheapest way to go

yeah- but hes selling it.

why? why do all that work, and spend all that money that you wont get a return on when it comes time to sell it?

oooooooooooooooooops.

sorry, didnt read that part. must be my "selective reading" skillz in full effect.

ya, in that case, swap it and sell it. u wont get shit for a boosted sohc....
too much prejudice against the boosted "d" series motor.

What parts would be included in the misc. section? Upgraded fuel system. And the link wont load.

um once you put a bov or fmic ( i think) the kit is no longer carb legal which is why the kit doesnt come with it stock... not sure if this is true but its what i have read somewhere..

greddy is a waste for what you get.. go maxrev, a bit more but well worth it
comes with hondata s200 not a shitty fmu

Back