Turboing the H23

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dalude

Hello forum.....I was recently in a debate on how to improve the performance of my prelude.....I've come to the conclusion to boost......How do i go about boosting my lude....Is it easier to build my own turbo kit or to buy one for my car....and what other mods are neccessary for this conversion?

easiest way is to buy a kit that comes with all the turbo parts and the fuel management system.

far from the best, but good enough for a 50-70 hp gain

Do a search on homemadeturbo.com for acclipse. It uses the 1g eclipse,talon turbo and exhaust manifold and injectors and the manifold mounts to our h23 head's with only slight modification. I'm doing this setup now. The injectors are going in this weekend and the turbo is going on next weekend. Bought a Wide Band O2 and safc to control fuel and still only spent around 1300 with a custom downpipe and everything. I'll post up pic once its all together.

i didn't know you could use the eclipse/talon injectors and manifold on the h23 head. what are the extent of the mods to make them fit?

i have also heard of this being used on F22's in accords...

i guess you just need to rat-tail the holes where the exhaust manifold studs go...
at least thats what i was told...

F22 and H23 exhaust manifold bolt patterns are the same...

and as for the dsm manifold, it will only fit on certain f-series; f22a1,a4,a6,DOHC f22b and the h23. all the ports line up, just one of the holes on the flange needs to be re-drilled.

Back