Turn A B18c6 Into A 2 Liter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

douglas_be

I have a ITR for track racing , I have SK2 cams & valve train , JG intake , 4-2-1 header and ss exhaust line , Mugen ECU , etc... No I want some more power , what can I expect from a B20 shortblock with the ITR head on it ? I am now reving my Euro ITR B18C6 up to 9.100 rpm , will the B20 do that ?
What should I look for B20 from an CR-V or B20B or B20Z what's the difference ?
What do I need to know when doing this ?
Who has done this and whats the experiance. I am doing endurance races of 3 hours , I blew up my ITR engine last weekend and I need start all over again but I want some more power because I am racing in the 2.0 liter class.
Please help
Thanks

Douglas
Belgium Europe

there is a great article on cr-vtec's and ls/vtec's in the FAQ section... here is a link: https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...act=ST&f=1&t=11 .
it sounds like you're gonna be runnin' this engine pretty hard. i would look into getting a LS block and getting it resleeved and bored to 84mm. you will have pretty much the same thing as the b20 block except 98274059832049582 times stronger. are you gonna upgrade the internals at all? to take it up that high, you're def. gonna want to get a block girdle, you can get them from z10... here's a link to that too: http://www.z10eng.com/products.cfm#bg . i'd really recommend getting some eagle rods (just to be safe), higher compression pistons and gettin' your rotating assembly balanced. don't forget the ARP bolts to tie everything together... they're cheap insurance.

Instead of getting rid of your block, bore your ITR one out. The ITR block is IMO the best honda block. Talk to calesta, he did basicly just that with a GSR engine.

I just posted a similar Q in the anything goes forum. It depends what you want.

ITR sleeved to 84mm = 1933cc's
LS sleeved to 84mm = 1973cc's
LS sleeved to 84.5mm= 1996cc's
ITR sleeved to 84.5mm= 1956cc's
ITR sleeved to 85mm = 1979cc's
LS sleeved to 85mm = 2020cc's
ITR sleeved to 86mm = 2026cc's
LS sleeved to 86mm = 2068cc's

Milan

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jun 1 2003, 04:34 PM
Instead of getting rid of your block, bore your ITR one out. The ITR block is IMO the best honda block. Talk to calesta, he did basicly just that with a GSR engine.

:withstupid:
definatly keep the ITR block and build off that ... it will be more reliable than the LS block... and you already have it so why buy another 1.8L block

Hi , Thanks for the information. Over here in Europe there is very little information available.
I want to modify my b18c6 engine to a 2.0l and would like to buy the 85 mm piston set. But where can I buy them and can I bore out the original sleeves so these 85 mm pistons fit ?? Or can we replace the sleeves ? How a bouth this mod , did any one do it ? and whats the result I can expect ? Can I use it for track racing (3 hours races) .
Will this bored out engine be weaker than the std one , who can help me out.

I think when I would have a 2.0l engine , that I will have some more torque and don't have to reve the engine that high any more ? I now rev up my 1.8 up to 9.100 rpm , and this for 3 hours.

Thanks for all your help :worthy:

The LS block can give you the most cc's. I thought this was as important as the vtec. Because the first rpm that the vtec kicks in, can be a long wait. Torque and Vtec is what makes racing tracks awesome. Coming out of the turn with torque (LS) is faster than a GSR hands down but after that VTEC kicks the crap out of you on the straight.

Are these swaps common LS/Vtec for racing? WE just use LS for the Integra and we used a GSR motor in a CIVIC HB. They could hang together a little but Vtec's power is awesome.

IMO, the best bottom end honda ever put out is the GSR. It's the only motor with an OEM block girdle, has the same bore/stroke as the itr, offers oil squiters that the ls/crv don't have, and can be had fairly cheaply.
look into knife edging the crank, and with head work/cams that will make power, that bottom end with forged pistons, and tuned properly will hit 10,500 all day long

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jun 2 2003, 05:30 PM

:withstupid:
definatly keep the ITR block and build off that ... it will be more reliable than the LS block... and you already have it so why buy another 1.8L block

But if you are dead set on getting rid of it, I am in Europe also and will take that block off you hands :p

Back