turning a new leaf

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i'm a 38 in jeans, 40 in khakis.

a tight 36 would be all i want. i don't think i'll ever fit in a 34. my legs have hardly any fat on them as it is (its all on my gut/upper body) so i don't have much to lose down south. from growing up biking all the time, i got myself some pretty big quads. back in college, i could sled nearly 1000 lbs in sets. probably not so much now... either way, i won't be able to drop much lower than a 36 without having spandex on my ass, even if the waist is big. my legs simply won't fit in them.

And I've officially decided to say fuck it and post my before pics. So, if you don't want to see my fat ass with a shirt off, click back now or forever hold your peace.

i took the shots that p90x said to take. a front, a side, a flex and a back.

It will give me motivation to NOT look like this any more.

Welcome to my fat ass:

"BEFORE" photos:

Attachments

• PICT0933.JPG
    PICT0933.JPG
    649.9 KB · Views: 160
  • PICT0934.JPG
    PICT0934.JPG
    648.1 KB · Views: 150
  • PICT0935.JPG
    PICT0935.JPG
    541.5 KB · Views: 143
  • PICT0936.JPG
    PICT0936.JPG
    651.7 KB · Views: 143
  • PICT0937.JPG
    PICT0937.JPG
    627.2 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
On the one hand, that's not nearly as bad as you were letting on. On the other hand, we've got some awesome new Flag Day Monthly material. :ph34r:

I skimmed sorry if Im creating an echo....

Good luck with everything. Might wanna get a solid workout routine goin before you completely quit smokin. Everyone Ive talked to has picked up between 30 and 50 pounds the first week they quit. Bein in a solid routine will keep the extra weight from slowin you down or gettin you discouraged. Just a thought though.

there's mention of the girl in the first post.

and yeah, 30lbs in a week is humanly impossible.

most of the weight gain from quitting smoking is substituting the hand to mouth habbit with food. sure, its a little chemical, but not much. i'm not too worried about it.. i've quit before with little to no weight gain at all.

just met up with her real quick for a drink. she had some shit to do for school so she went home. but, just the fact that she called me is a plus :)

Good luck man.

I've lost and gained a lot of weight and gained weight for bulk. I'd suggest u do p90x for the beginning of your new lifestyle. Not for a quick fix.

Always remember lean mass burns more calories at idle than fat.

I've started a fitness regimen myself. Over the past few months with the aid of installing sheetrock/taping/sanding/painting, installing hardwood floors, good ol' manual labor I've gone from about 173-180lbs, to 153-160lbs. Feels good, I also started running on the treadmill at work as I want to run a 5k in November and break 23mins.

Good luck, B.

I go to the gym daily and all I can say is just make sure you stick with it and force yourself to work hard at it.

Weight dosent mean shit B!

If your going to be benching and other forms of exercise like that you will gain muscle mass that weighs more than fat. With that said lose your "weight goal" and go for a "pant size" or "shirt size" goal.

If you want to lose fat fast there is no better way than cardio with the help of a fat burner.

Ripped fule Is the best fat burner that I have ever used, Just be careful with that stuff.

Drink a shit load of water and walk, run, swim, have some sweet sex, and drink more water.

cut the big sugars like soda, beer, and candy (fuck I know its hard). With all that you should be dropping fat like crazy the first weeks.

If you ask me you dont look that bad (not trying to be gay) but you dont look that good.

Hope this helps and Good luck!

after reading the first part of the thread.

Women seem to not go for me cause they think I'm too skinny. Even at about 190lbs.. I look the same when I'm 150lbs. I'm right at 6' soo... I have no clue whats the deal. Must be something about Pennsylvania women.

Also I picked up a cheap pullup bar from target with some heavy duty hardware for like $10 and have yet to install it again after I have moved.

Quitting the smoking will probably make the biggest difference in the long run. The health benefit... blah blah blah.. It just saves you money. That's one of many reasons I never started, I'm too cheap.

Back