turning a new leaf

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I've started a fitness regimen myself. Over the past few months with the aid of installing sheetrock/taping/sanding/painting, installing hardwood floors, good ol' manual labor I've gone from about 173-180lbs, to 153-160lbs. Feels good, I also started running on the treadmill at work as I want to run a 5k in November and break 23mins.

manual labor does it for people wanting to lose fat and gain muscle. Pretty much a forced workout that you get paid for.

I have very little body fat and don't really gain it, some people envy me, but its a pain in the ass when it comes to pushing yourself over the course of several days. Went from 160lbs to about 200lbs working at target overnight over the course of several months. Started working at comcast, and before I left dropped to less than 140lbs in maybe a year.

So it kinda proves the idea of what will give you muscle mass and what wont

Just a few points B

1) Do it for yourself, not for some broad. If doing for the latter than all your doing is creating a materialistic environment. YOu should be happy with yourself, and with that, the person that you want a relationship with should be happy with the person for whom you are, not for what you COULD be.

2) YOu need better sleep habits. Staying up till all hours of the morning is just asking for trouble. When I'm up past 11, I feel like death the next day and my productivity suffers. With the nice weather upon us, I don't think you want to be at work until 7, 8 or 9 each night. You'd be better off going back to second shift, and we all know how much you hated that after a while.

3) Just be yourself. You're a likeable guy, its not about what you have to show, its how you show it. Don't try to impress with greenbacks or the cars or the house or any of the tangible shit. Show the softer side and I promise it'll go far.

4) Tune in next week to the Dr. Steve show.

:)

Yup, I am doing it for myself. I'm tired of myself. If it gets the girl, that's simply a byproduct.

I only had 7 or 8 cigs yesterday... which is a huge cut from my normal 20.
Today, i'm shooting for 5-6.
tomorrow 3-4
friday 1-2
then my pack is over and i'm done.

i don't own a scale, so i don't even know what my starting weight is.
like you said, i don't care about the lb number... its about the look, the way the pants fit, etc.

I have a STACK of pants from college years that i barely wore because i haven't been able to fit in them in a long ass time. I'd like to get these on again.

Funny, my overhaul started after a girl chose another guy over me. I was happy with myself, and still am. But I wasn't putting the best me out there that I could. I needed a spark under my ass to finally get back in shape. Happened to be something a girl said. Could have been a 5 year old saying something at ShopRite, or just a few too many comments from friends, but just happend to be the girl that pushed me into the gym.

Just a few points B

3) Just be yourself. You're a likeable guy, its not about what you have to show, its how you show it. Don't try to impress with greenbacks or the cars or the house or any of the tangible shit. Show the softer side and I promise it'll go far.

4) Tune in next week to the Dr. Steve show.

:)

You had me at hello.

funny-pictures-your-cat-has-been-working-out.jpg

did some bi's and tris tonight... just a 'warm up' bunch of exercises to get ready for next week.

diets suck :(

dinner:

Attachments

• PICT0938.JPG
    PICT0938.JPG
    868.2 KB · Views: 149
Holy shit I could not eat just that. I am lucky whatever I eat does not effect my weight.

Damn... If I could help it I would do a stricter diet... but my gal does the cooking and does a damn good job, except it's not exactly the healthiest lol... It's about average on the chart.. I don't want her to change how she cooks though...

Any ways.. aside from diet (which I have altered slightly) I'm going to do the Master Cleanse to start off, then get down on the exercise plan. I'm gonna try to get around 185 and ripped... Right now I'm around 205 -210... but I'm 6'2" so... I wanna get a pull up bar for when I'm home and don't wanna drive to the gym, and maybe some weights and a matte like you were saying... But I guess I'm a lucky fucker cuz I get to go on base and hit the gym fo FREE hahaa! I love having a parent in the service!

Good luck with everything B. Hope you meet your goals dude.

Well, vinegar isn't that bad. Plus, you're just starting.

Left me with hypoglycemia and the weigh/image issues of a 13 year old girl. Talk to any former hardcore wrestler, you will hear similar stories.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Every girl I date realizes I care more about my image than any female ever could.

Damn i get the same shiut... At least I can say I work out for me though... However my current chick isn't so pissy about it... She makes fun of it every now and then, but it's cool. She doesn't go as far as some I've had..

Back