turning b16a motor to a 1.8L motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

japspec01

Alright, Pay close attention! I can't remember: Is the b16a and b18c longblock the same size? If so, would it be possible to make the b16a a 1.8 liter engine by using the b18c crankshaft? Is it as simple as that?

they are not the same size, b18 is taller.
you can put the b18c crank in, but you have to notch the bottom of the cylinder walls (for rods to clear) and you need custom length rods (because of the shorter deck height)

the b16a and the b18a have the same deck height, so if you want to make your b16a into a b18a, you have to use b18a rods and crank. The b18c's and the b16bs have identical deck heights from what i've heard, but don't quote me on that, as I'm not up on my b18c/b16b info. I would never stroke a b16a though, I'd just bore the crap out of it, which is actually what I am doin right now.

Originally posted by MikeBergy@Nov 25 2003, 02:09 PM
the b16a and the b18a have the same deck height

they do not, b16 is shorter than b18

:blink: Why not just buy a fully assembled B18 instead of swapping the crank? <_<

Originally posted by MikeBergy@Nov 25 2003, 05:09 PM
just bore the crap out of it

:werd:
the b18 and b16 have different deck heights. just bore it .2 liters if you want.

Best way to get the B16 to 1.8L is to get it sleeved for an 84mm bore. It's a nice setup...1.8L with a rod ratio over 1.7:1. Most people decide that they'd rather sleeve a 1.8L and make it a 2.0L, so you don't see the 1.8L B16 very often.

they dont' share the same deck height, if you want a 1.8 you can just swap the bottom end out, from a GSR or LS, or ITR

the b16b from the ctr shares the same deck height as the b18c, so you can use a b18c crank to make a 1.8 stroker kit. I got my gsr crank, yeaaaah!!!!

sorry to butt in but the gsr crank will turn it 1.8 without machine work to the block??

Back