turning over but no power at fuel pump

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

is the main relay the orange thing under the dash and wat grounds would cause the fuel pump not to get power

did you just do a swap?? check the wiring on the engine, specifically the ground on the thermostat housing, if that ground isn't hooked up then your fuel pump will not work.
Also check the engine grounds (valve cover to radiator support and tranny to frame rail) Make sure they are in good shape too. Basically the ecu wont energize the fuel pump if the engine isnt grounded.

ok so i got the relay working and now it wont crank when i turn the key, everything turns on and all it just wont turn now when i turn the key, it was turning before i changed the relay and i messed with the cabin fuses and ya now the fuel pump is fine but no crank from the key turning, i fired it up by connecting positive and negative on the starter so it works idk wat went wrong to stop the igintion from workin,

ok so i dont have the tranny to fraim but all the other ones are hooked up

you must have blown or forgot to put one of the fuses back in. Check them again you will get it.

I had the same problem with a 89 prelude that I sold to a friends daughter. The day after she bought it the alt died and after fixing the alt, it would NOT start without jumping the seleonoid.. Tried different ig harness to key and still nothing. Just put a toggle inline and it's been working great for almost a year now..
Strange.?

E

Make sure that ur starter wire is still good i had a similar problem in my hatch... Evrything turned on but didnt crank so i ran a wire from my starter wire to the switch that connect to the ignition switch mayb that works

Back