1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

turning over but no power at fuel pump

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by intafocus, Jun 7, 2009.

1. intafocus

intafocus New Member

2. intafocus

intafocus New Member

i was thinking fuel relay kuz we checked the wires at the fuel pump and theres no power

3. Gnarphantom

Gnarphantom New Member

Check your main relay, and check ALL the grounds.

4. intafocus

intafocus New Member

is the main relay the orange thing under the dash and wat grounds would cause the fuel pump not to get power

5. welfare

welfare Ancient Member

did you just do a swap?? check the wiring on the engine, specifically the ground on the thermostat housing, if that ground isn't hooked up then your fuel pump will not work.
    Also check the engine grounds (valve cover to radiator support and tranny to frame rail) Make sure they are in good shape too. Basically the ecu wont energize the fuel pump if the engine isnt grounded.

6. intafocus

intafocus New Member

ok so i got the relay working and now it wont crank when i turn the key, everything turns on and all it just wont turn now when i turn the key, it was turning before i changed the relay and i messed with the cabin fuses and ya now the fuel pump is fine but no crank from the key turning, i fired it up by connecting positive and negative on the starter so it works idk wat went wrong to stop the igintion from workin,

ok so i dont have the tranny to fraim but all the other ones are hooked up

7. welfare

welfare Ancient Member

you must have blown or forgot to put one of the fuses back in. Check them again you will get it.

8. 78civic

78civic Junior Member

I had the same problem with a 89 prelude that I sold to a friends daughter. The day after she bought it the alt died and after fixing the alt, it would NOT start without jumping the seleonoid.. Tried different ig harness to key and still nothing. Just put a toggle inline and it's been working great for almost a year now..
    Strange.?

E

9. ricancivic_91

ricancivic_91 New Member

Make sure that ur starter wire is still good i had a similar problem in my hatch... Evrything turned on but didnt crank so i ran a wire from my starter wire to the switch that connect to the ignition switch mayb that works

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted