turns over but wont start.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mattndew676

Well the car runs on occasions now. Usually starts up on the first turn over. But recently my d15 powered 89 dx car wont start. The car turns over great, has good spark. But wont fire up. Im curious if its not getting fuel. But if any people on here have had this problem please help? Plus i cant locate the fuel filters on this thing. that might be the prob. i would like to sell my car, but if it doesnt run.. it wont sell.
anyone with knowledge please help?

Your engine only needs a few things to run, even if it doesn't run good. You need a fuel air mixture, compression, spark, exhaust. You've got spark, I'm sure you have exhaust. So, if you have the compression checked, that will leave you with fuel. I'm assuming that you don't have any check engine lights on. If you want to know if you have a fuel problem, the check is simple. Disconnect your main fuel line at the engine, and have a friend briefly turn the key to the ON position(don't turn the engine over!!!). If your pump is working properly, and the line is not clogged, the pump will try to make 30+lbs of fuel pressure. That means put out all sources of ignition, or you'll be the next flaming man in the circus. Guard your eyes and stuff too. It's a start. When you have more to go on, ask again.

BE CAREFUL!!!! Don't let your baby's mother's cousin who works at the mall turn the key.

Good luck

engine light is comeing on now when it starts crankin over. but it still wont fire. i will try the fuel test.

If you have a Chiltons/Haynes/Helms manual for your car, it will tell you where and how to check your computer codes, and what they stand for. Almost every Honda Troubleshooter has had to do this. They are very complicated, but Honda tried to make it simpler.

well the problem with the car not runnign was bad plugs. not a very strong spark and wasnt sparking when they wher supposed to. replaced plug wires and plugs. starts on first turn again. engine light doesnt stay on. runs better now then before. i guess it wasnt getting enough sparks.

Back