Turob'd with ITB's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

how come it wouldnt be worth it???
thats pretty much the answer im looking for what would be the possible gains from it

possible-probably.....worh it-definitely not

That really helped clear things up, thanks. :D

It might not be worth it for someone to pay to have all the work done, but for someone who can do the work themselves, i think it would pay off in the end.

yeah or have the work done for free plus im pretty much in it for the sound because i wanna see if you still get the same sound with them on a boosted setup

yeah thats what im saying. im also wondering if id be able to run more than one BOV that would be pretty cool too lol

waste of money. turn the boost up 1 psi and you'll make more power than adding itb's.

why spend 900 bucks, have a nightmaer of hose/vac line routing to deal with when you can get more power free?

if it's to be different, :shakeshead:

You'd only need to run one BOV. Also, there isn't really any power gains, probably slightly less peak power than a single TB setup due to less drag inside the runners. Throttle response should improve though; probably still not going to be responsive as a N/A motor though.

im sorry but what do you mean by keeping pressure up i thought that i would need to be worried about keeping it down

also im doing it because i can do it for free pretty much i have enought parts laying around and thought what the hell why not give it a try

because it's stupid? lol

i have some wood in my garage, but you don't see me building a spolier out of it.

The only reason Im doin this is because I already have the parts to take my build either way. Im just lookin for solid reasons why or why not it would be a good idea. So far Ive seen "less drag inside the runners" thats the kinda stuff i wanna know. since I can do all the work on this for free im not losing anything, so i just thought it would be something worth trying.

Ok than, maybe ill just pick up another block and do an all motor build after I finish what ive already started.

tuning ITBs is a fucking nightmare.

tuning a TURBO car with ITB's.... good luck.

I say you stop asking for opinions and then arguing when people say bad idea

I dunno if you were talkin to me or not, but i was simply tryin to get more info from someone who knows far more than I do. I never said he wrong, or that I was right, I was jusk askin questions.

Do they make ITB kits for D-series SOHC's? I think they only make them for B, H, and K-series engines. That'd be pretty cool put them on a D-series like that vid I posted up a while ago from youtube where the guy's driving his jdm d15b vtec itb'd rex.

Wonder how nitrous and itb's would get along?

Check out Kinsler Injection, they make a set. Its featured in the November 07 issue of Dsport. Im sure the cost is unbelievably high, but thats a starting point for you.

Back