Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Sony

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vizio

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FLounder

power hungry
VIP
Im in the market for a new tv, either a 47" or 50". Space is limited to this size, and a few 50" models wont fit, but most will. I am looking plasmas and LEDs, would be happy with either. The last couple TVs i bought were Samsung LCDs and I am happy with them, but Im not scared to try to something else, because i have noticed some degrading of the picture over the years.

So the point of this post... What brand TV do you own or have owned, and how do you like it?

Lcd/led- Samsung
Plasma- Panasonic

I have a Samsung 40" LCD and a Samsung 42" plasma (got it free)

I work with customers/TVs on a pretty regular basis during my summer job and have never heard any complaints with any of the brands listed. Basically it comes down to the features you want vs cost. I have a sharp 42 inch plasma and a Mitsubishi dlp 57 inch.

ive got a 50" sanyo i think its a plasma.no issues here other than not being able to adjust the screen size to the perfect fitment.

I've been rocking a 56 in Toshiba DLP for many many years now. Granted it is on its 4th bulb but its a trooper. Super sharp picture and the blacks are slightly darker black than most other TVs.

I have "budget brand" tv's and they work perfectly fine for me. I don't need the best picture so the cheap stuff works for me lol. I haven't had any issues with them either. Only complaint I have is that the sound quality could be better.

I got a 47" Dynex LCD in my living room, 32" Viore LCD in my bedroom, and a 19" Orion LED-LCD in my daughter's room.

go LED or LCoS. anything else is antiquated basically these days. my led blows away the plasma my gf has, and both are new this year 1080p tv's

I've had no complaints with my panasonic 40" plasma, can't believe it's already almost 5 years old.

I have a 26" LCD in my bedroom, but i can't recall what brand it is other than I know it isn't a panasonic. I've had zero issues with either one.

I have an LG and its aight. But my favorite is probably Sharp. I think the quality vs value is really there for most of their stuff.

Have a Samsung plasma in the l/r and a samsung led in the mbr. The pq is better on the led, although it takes some getting used to. Not sure how to describe it other than sometimes people on a tv show almost take on a video game look.

I had a bad experience with a sony lcd a few years back and will never purchase another sony product again.

Plasmas are great for darker rooms and a lower budget. You can get a bigger plasma for the money (in comparison to an LED). They tend to have a great contrast ratio for the price. (usually much better than a LCD). But if the room sees a decent amount of light (windows, lamps, etc) I wouldn't buy a plasma. The glare is irritating to me.

LED Samsung is my next purchase. I have a LCD 46" Samsung for almost 5 years and it's been great.

When shopping at a store.....look for the glare of the store's overhead lights. You can see some company's TV's have less glare then others......Samsung is my winner.

#2 (for me) is Vizio.....they are awesome bang for the buck TV's.

Great input guys, thanks!

I was looking at the panasonic plasmas in the store and they seem nice for the money... i do like the fast refresh of plasmas for sports. My living room is fairly bright in the daytime so that is a concern... Im giong to look a little harder at the LED options available from samsung and a couple others :)

if you're worried about motion blur w/ sports and the brightness of your living room.. go w/ an 240hz LED..gonna cost a pretty penny unless you find some last years models

I have a panasonic st30, and I love the thing. Working out some issues with burn in.

I left my Media Center PC on for 12 days while i was on vacation, and the screen save for Windows Media Center has a white background in a stationary location. So just know, while plasma burn in is almost fixed, it's not perfect.

Still love the picture on my Panny plasma.

I have a 40" Westinghouse LCD on it's way to my house. I have a friend that swears by them and has one in every room. Not top of the line by any means, but for $300, cant beat it. Only thing I'm slightly concerned about is that it's 60hz. But coming from the TV it's replacing, I don't see me having an issue with it.

They really aren't bad surprisingly. We use them for stats and after hours gaming marathons at work. 4 60's on one side, 5 55's on the other. All perform pretty well.

Colors are slightly exaggerated, but some people love that, so not really a deal breaker.

All my big panels (55") are LG and I'm extremely happy. LG makes a large number of the panels that other companies put into the TVs and monitors, and I'm always just looking for a no-frills TV with good picture quality for not much cash. I don't care for all the extras since I drive my TVs with HTPCs and Rokus.

If budget isn't an issue:
Samsung for LCD/LED
Panasonic for Plasma
Sony if you want to suck someone off when you pay for it

My 32s are Sceptre brand- great panels with no extra for minimal cash. 1080p for under $200 apiece, and with a Roku hooked up to each one- they do everything I need for secondary rooms in the house. The LGs and Sceptres were chosen after quite a few hours of research too.

Back