Twin Turbo Honda

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

acutally the highest power skyline i heard of is 1600hp. is used that because it is stock displacement. Signal Auto has two engines for their skyline, a TT one and a single. and in an magazine article i read they say the single is for road and the TT is for drag. I seen lots of top speed skylines use single, but the fastest one used twin.

who ever was talking about turbo/s for autoX, your nuts. IF you go turbo, you want something that is spooled up basicly throughout the entire course, if you had big turbo lag and then your going through a solomn (sp?) and all of a sudden your turbo lag ended, your going to loose all traction. Also for autoX, turbos blow. Turbo lag is good for drag but not for autoX. NA is a much better move in autoX, that way you have power on tap all the time plus in a honda, turbo + honda = one hard ass class

thats true when you talk about hondas. i guess we went off subject on other cars. the skyline and supra are made to run off turbo, but not hondas.

I know turbo is for drag and N/A or superchargers are best for auto-x, but what about staying in the upper revs to stay in the vtec cam profile during auto-x. Isn't that almost the equivilant of waiting for a turbo to spool up because they both make the most power in the higher revs? I know an N/A build up will have stronger lower end, but as far as auto-x goes, it almost seems as if you wouldnt want to wait for vtec to make your power. Thats just how I'm seeing it now, can anyone clear this up?

Supercharges kinda blow. They are only good at about 3000 rpms or less and if your racing, there, you shouldn't be racing.

Turbos blow for autoX because they aren't a smooth trasition that you need for handling also anytime you go SC or T, your in a super high class.

For a NA car, (i am not talking just a OEM civic cx but something that is actually built up) normally you have a light weight flywheel and other weight reductions done to the engine which result in quick throttle responce. NA is the best route in autoX.

Lets review now, ....superchargers blow, turbo owns drag but blows at autoX, NA blows if your car is stock but a real build up owns autoX and is hella expensive for drag.

Originally posted by preluderjs@Mar 15 2003, 04:10 PM
I know turbo is for drag and N/A or superchargers are best for auto-x, but what about staying in the upper revs to stay in the vtec cam profile during auto-x. Isn't that almost the equivilant of waiting for a turbo to spool up because they both make the most power in the higher revs? I

thats called, get the right freakin tranny that keeps you there.

Lude has the Type S tranny, but other than that.. yes screwed..

Shortest from the factory? JDM ITR. What is a great tranny and I would take over an ITR, the b16 tranny.

Fuck, I say add one turbo for each cylinder and two blowers. The more the marryer. Try what ever you like. expirience is gained through hands on work, not from the advice of some moron no-it-all in a forum. good luck
Think smarter, not harder

btw i own page 2, and im gonna dedicate that ownage to the bigass chunk of my block that i had to grind off today to fit my turbo :D

Originally posted by Canuck 93 Civic Si@Mar 12 2003, 05:48 PM
Im about to get myself a new engine to build up on my spare time but i havnt been able to find a suitable T3 from the scrap yards so i was thinking, why not put on two small tubos in somehow? It will mean more tube bending and welding ( no problem ) but what do you all think? Will there be any forseeable problems? I was thinking of arranging them in series like the 3rd gen Rx7 so that there is very little lag and i can get the big boost that i want when i get moving along. And i do like the sound of a Twin Turbo Civic.

I could call it the TTC and get a sticker that says Ride the Rocket :p . Toronto people will know what im talking about there.

i didnt read everything cause my eyes were starting to hurt but to let you know

Twin Turbo Civic Single Cam has already been done... it was done back in late 98 early 99... it was a black CRX that did it

the car didnt run great and it was NOT RELIABLE FOR SHIT... car did a couple of passes to try a shake down to work out problems but it's best a time of mid 12's if i remember correctly

Back