TwinTrac LSD

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hellbert

i was just looking at Az Race and Machine's web site and i saw their LSD for 225 bucks. does anyone have one or know someone who has had expirence with it? sound like it could be too good to be true to me....what do yall think?

oh, heres a link http://www.azracemachine.com/TwinTracDesc.htm

Also, some of the stuff they say rings warning bells with me.

The unit is designed using the latest CAD/CAM technologies to insure precise tolerances.

The design is only as good as the designer, regardless of the program used to design it.

The bottom line is DO THEY WORK?

Seems to me, it'd be better off saying 'THE BOTTOM LINE IS THEY WORK'.

To provide high durability, the units are then heat treated using the same special process used in military helicopter transmissions.

:unsure:

:huh:

thats not even a limited slip.

all that device does, is wedge itself inbewteen the diff gears - kinda like sticking a screwdriver through a bicyle spoke.

so i hear so much about phantom grip and all of this....what is so bad about them? ive read a lot of threads about them but ive never actually seen what is so bad about them? do they break or something?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 5 2004, 01:42 PM

all that device does, is wedge itself inbewteen the diff gears - kinda like sticking a screwdriver through a bicyle spoke.
[post=426554]Quoted post[/post]​

lol

Sounds like a great performance mod -> pry has the same effect as welding everything together like a drag car.

He never comes in here, but a certain user here has the Phantom Grip... and it rocks. Even after all I heard about them, driving his was a pleasure.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Dec 6 2004, 08:22 PM
He never comes in here, but a certain user here has the Phantom Grip... and it rocks. Even after all I heard about them, driving his was a pleasure.

-> Steve
[post=427308]Quoted post[/post]​

seriously? you liked it? how about the up grade from stock, is it better driving? the cornering dispute, is that high speed back road turning or slow race track turning? i dont plan on racing my car for sport, just fun back road driving, how are they for that?

Hello? Hellbert can't you read? How appealing does metal grinding on metal sound to you inside your transmission? Basically, everyone in this thread except one says ixnay to the Phantom Grip. But go ahead and buy it... as you really seem anxious to do so... and good luck to you. But it just doesn't get HondaSwap's seal of approval... so don't blame us if you have problems with using it. Well, maybe you can blame Celerity, but just not the rest of us. From an engineering point of view, the Phantom Grip is not at all healthy for the spider gears inside your tranny.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 5 2004, 01:42 PM

[post=426554]Quoted post[/post]​

like i said weld the gears its the same trashes the diff but welding only cost 20$

BTW you didn't say what kind of car you have... but why spend $225 on crap, when for not much more, you can have a real LSD in your tranny? My B-series OEM LSD cost only $325 and my D-series LSD tranny was only $275.

when that was said i was thinking it was like a spool. it does away with all the spider gears and everything. like one for a solid axle truck. i didnt realize it was like that. now that i do... to hell with them! i read on some other sites about them and i dont like the way they work...at all...i appriciate the responses though guys! later

Back