two plugs left from wiring... b16A into Ej1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

luispizarro25

hey guys so yesterday i was helping my friend to wire his b16a with his Si wire harness. Fortunately the Si comes with Vtec already so its all good. Howeer we ran into somethign weird. After pretty much pluging it all in we were left with two plugs. One is by the intake manifold. As the picture show below the red one is the one that the b16 doesnt have but the d16 had. The green arrow points to the TPS which is already taken care of but what do we do with the red arrow plug. Whats the place for it in the B16A. Its a japanese engine btw.

DSC02821.jpg

Shiiit i forgot to take a picture of the other plug... ill post it in a bit once i get to take a picture of it.
Can you guys help with this please

k so here is the pic from a b16 we took which is exactly like his.
As you can see the sensor is not found on the B16. its right on top of the TB on the d16 and not on the b16. However when i opened my hood i was able to see the same sensor on my B18c

Picture142.jpg

its a jdm obd0 b16 so the map sensor would have been on the firewall in the car it originally came in. so either use a firewall mounted map and plug the vaccum line into the tb, or get yourself a b-series tb with the map mounted to it.

I'm in the same boat and was sold a OBD0 motor changed to OBD1 (bastard!!!) You can also use a USDM B-series throttle body and it will look like the D-series you pictured (but bigger) Other wise you need to buy a MAP sensor from a junkyard or for about $70 from Honda

You should also have another plug (if its a USDM engine harness) and it is supposed to go to the evap purge solenoid but JDM doesn't have it. You will have a vacuum line that goes to the charcoal canister and will need to plug the line with a screw or something similar.

Check out my page link at the signature and it will show how I attched the MAP to the firewall.

hey yeah thanks guys... k wait a minuted tho, your saying this b16 is OBD0 then? im pretty sure when my friend bought it, it was supposed to be OBD1. Does this only happen to OBD0 or OBD1 also have it on the wall?

I also read that i could just take the MAP sensor from the D16 and use it

Last edited:
im pretty sure when my friend bought it, it was supposed to be OBD1. Does this only happen to OBD0 or OBD1 also have it on the wall?

I also read that i could just take the MAP sensor from the D16 and use it

My swap was 'suppose to be' OBD1 too....it was the complete swap so if it isn't,
They put a different transmission, dizzy, Alternator and I think Injectors (plus
p30 ECU)which is possible but its also possible that the older OBD1's had this
TB as well. I can't figure out how to tell by the head yet but my motor is strong.
It idles well and progressively pulls harder all the way up to 8K

Not sure on the MAP compatibility but I do know they're different part #'s
I sat with the Honda Part Guy for many hours by this point lol He gave me a
(what he said was) a deal b/c he quoted it to me before he looked it up.

This place is usually cheap but its over $200!
South Bay Honda - Honda Automotive Parts Store

Here's one for $20 on Ebay but it ends Friday afternoon
(although it might be available again)

South Bay Honda - Honda Automotive Parts Store

Back