Two Strange Wires

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Engwar

Question for poeple familiar with a stock 4th Gen Accord. Looking under the hood, there is a wire that goes from the alternator housing to a bolt on the strut tower, and a second wire that goes from the battery neg terminal to a bolt just behind the pass. side headlight. :huh: There is also the big main ground line from the battery to the frame. I bought this can a couple months ago and can't imagine why someone would put these two wires in. Any input would be helpful -

Thanks!

sounds like it had wiring issues out the gazoo, prob a bad ground and they were too lazy to find it

check autozone.com repair section, they have wire diagrams for free

Thanks for the input, I just don't have my digital equipment handy, on to another issue, new thread.

Update: Disconnected both wires, car runs fine, no electrical whine in radio or anything to make me think they were necessary -

Possibly previous owner was a dumba$$

did you make sure the wires weren't there to ground the headlights? or parking lights? or radiator fan?

i've seen some people do some real classy rig jobs so just double check that they weren't for anything important, like cooling...

Seems to be ok, lights still work, signals still blink. Got a 35 minute drive tomorrow to my parents across the county and I'll watch the temp guage while I drive. Thanks for the heads up -

Back