Two things coming up on the horizon

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

I have:

an 00 DX Hatch. Body is completely orange (like a pearl tangerine color), fantastic paintjob that without exageration has NEVER seen sunlight. Which is believable, because it's only got 30,000 original on it. It's automatic, with WW body kit, Mugen style mid wing and roof wing. The hood will either be a custom painted (Yellow ghost flames or the like) or CF. The interior and engine are unmolested.

I've also got a 99 EK coupe coming up. It is black on black, B18C1 swap with 5 speed. Unknown miles, but it's also gonna be on the low side. The paint will be a custom (And full body) "Marble" or "Granite" ghost gray design. It prolly won't have a body kit on it, except maybe a wing.

What would you pay for them ?

-> Steve

Another question: The 30k DX hatch - do you think it would sell better without a swap ? Like someone could buy it and do a high dollar KA swap on it or something ?

with an automatic, its going to hurt your re-sale a lot, especailly since its modded towaards the tuner guys...

4 grand tops i'd guess.

the si, probably 8-9k ish?

for the cars being what they are, just going off KBB the Hatch books (private sale) at $8500 and the black coupe private sales at $11,000.

Quoted post[/post]]
for the cars being what they are, just going off KBB the Hatch books (private sale) at $8500 and the black coupe private sales at $11,000.

understandable.

but no one but kids want a car with a body kit and crap.

and the kids don't have that kind of money.

realistically, thats what i think you can get for them.

Ok, final question for the hatch: Do you believe that it would be worth more (In terms of being sold faster) if it were left stock, empty-shelled or with a swap already in it ?

it really depends on the buyer...some people are all about (and only about) the way a car looks...

others want the performance to back it up....

seems like lately, more people are into the "power" aspect of import cars, but with only 30k, it shouldn't be too hard to get rid of.

-also, I wouldn't take it apart....but thats me

if you're looking to buy them and turn them for a profit, i think you're wasting your time....

Take GSR motor, put it into hatch. Remove WW bodykit. Sell coupe shell and bodykit. Use profits to find OE bumpers for the hatch. You win.

Sell the physically rarer car as parts, invest money in the DX, ruining it's low-mileage appeal with a motor swap ?

I don't think that would work.

If anything I would like to buy both, and sell one to pay for the other outright (The hatch, preferably) then store the hatch and get it ready for the next insane motor swap (Like a 240 hp turbo diesel EDM) and take it to SEMA showcasing a prominent company's product before the other guys can get a head unit installed.

Maybe I could get a Sirius service / prominent hardware sponsor.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

understandable.

but no one but kids want a car with a body kit and crap.

and the kids don't have that kind of money.

realistically, thats what i think you can get for them.

:werd: 3.5k for the hatch (realistically)

7k for the 99si . . . there are plenty of faster cars out there that can be had for a smaller downpayment.

auto to manual swap will help boost interest and possibly more money. whether or not you would profit from the swap is what you would really have to determine.

Back