Two very important questions,need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRXSI91

ok,the first question :

I have a 91 crx si,it has a mini me swap in it (d15b7 block,d16z6 head)....now i used to have a p28,a conversion harness,and a del sol distributor..but the shop who did the swap,couldnt get the p28(it was an automatic,they didnt know how to re pin it) to work...so they gave me a pr3 (obd 0 b16 ecu) to run vtec..wired up vtec...and the car runs fine...but the only problem is...my vtec engages at 3,000 rpm,and my car stops making power at about 6,000 rpm...making it very hard for me to win any kind of race...so now i ask..is there any way i can run my stock pm6 ecu..and run a vtec controller or SOMETHING so i can change the vtec crossover to 4500 (which is stock for z6 vtec)...or 5000 rpm,so i can make more power throughout my gears???or do i have to get another,ecu,conversion harness..and do it over this time,with a manual ecu????

Second question : I just bought another crx (91 hf) for 1500$ that has a LS(b18a1) motor,crane cams,crane dizzy,and cam gears...and currently,its running off the stock integra ls ecu....what i want to ask is,what would happen if i hooked up the pr3 to that car,would the fuel and air tables be more aggressive,and would my powerband be a little bit earlier or later...or would it throw the whole air,fuel,and gear tables completely off,and mess up my acceleration,and speed???

if i can use the pm6,and run a vtec controller..i will put the pr3 on the ls crx...and everything will work out...but if not,then what do i need to do??

Thanks.

Yes, you can run the PM6 and a VTEC controller on your mini-me. Just remember to keep it all wired for non-OBD systems.

I'm not sure exactly what will happen if you put the PR3 on the LS engine, but at the very least, it'll probably throw a fit when there's no VTEC to activate. I would just stay with the stock ECU on the B18.

do you still have the parts (conversion harness, dizzy, 4 wire o2) to run the p28? if so, i would go that route and either a) do some research and learn how to convert it to manual B) pay someone a couple bucks to convert it to manual for you. hell, i'll do it for 10 bucks if you pay shipping. the p28 is really going to be the better of the two, a pm6 with a vtec switch is cheesy and you won't have proper fuel and ign. maps on the pm6 to run your engine to it's full potential.

Originally posted by projekteg@Feb 8 2005, 08:34 AM
do you still have the parts (conversion harness, dizzy, 4 wire o2) to run the p28? if so, i would go that route and either a) do some research and learn how to convert it to manual B) pay someone a couple bucks to convert it to manual for you. hell, i'll do it for 10 bucks if you pay shipping. the p28 is really going to be the better of the two, a pm6 with a vtec switch is cheesy and you won't have proper fuel and ign. maps on the pm6 to run your engine to it's full potential.
[post=457941]Quoted post[/post]​

i still have the p28..but the problem is,i dont have the dizzy,or conversion harness anymore...i would send it to you to do it..but theres no point,if i have to buy that dizzy again (165 bucks) and ANOTHER conversion harness (140 bucks)....thats basically 300 bucks to get the vtec,and fuel maps correct,but this Crx isnt my drag car..its just my daily driver..the other crx has Ls,and thats what im trying to build..i just wanted it so,my daily driver had a little kick to it,and i could have fun,i mean i already do now..but its not always fun driving a car where the vtec kicks at 3,especially when your trying to save gas sometimes...

i mean honestly i think running the pm6 and a vtec controller is a pretty good idea..of course im not gonna get the full potential out the motor..but im only lookin to throw a header on there,and be done with it..i already have an intake,2 25' inch catback exhaust...so now i need a high flow cat,a header,and the header down pipe...just to give it some acceleration and still get good gas mileage...now if i threw a cam in there,cam gear,intake manifold,etc....then i would want to switch to a p28..but i dont think its necessary...

but anyways..i need a vafc....i really dont want to pay more than 200 for it...i mean the highest ill go is 250...but i cant go any higher..i know they retail at 300 or 400..but i dont have time to pay 400 dollars for somethin that i wont be using for tuning

Go search around on eBay. You can pick up a new VAFC for about $200-250 shipped from quite a few reputable sellers.

Back