Type R 5 bolt hubs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mario

:blink: I have a 94 hatch with V-Tec Del Sol engine & suspension & axles.
I want to switch over to the Integra Type R 5 bolt axle hubs. I know that the rear axles are larger on the DelSol disc than on the hatch drum axle because I had to replace one hub and the original drum hub bearing wouldn't fit onto the larger Del Sol rear axle.
Will the Teg "R" front hubs fit the Del Sol bearing and (B16A) outter CV joint?

Will the Teg "R" rear bearings fit onto the Del Sol axle shaft?

With this change will come brake mods to accomodate the new hubs. What fits?
I hate to change calipers unless they are aluminum. The brakes now are great.
Can I just get redrilled rotors? :(

rear axels?
civics are front wheel drive dude.

bearings on an axel shaft? wtf?

anyway...

USDM 5-lug ITR setups are identical splines to integras/EG+ civics
JDM ITR/CTR 5-lug setups use an accord/prelude style outer boot/spline pattern.
we "made" axels for E's 5-lug out of standard usdm b-series axels on the inner, and hammered on accord outers to make us some hybrid axels.

raxels also sells pre-made stuff like this.

if you are happy with your brakes already then just upgrade your pads / rotors

the 5 lug conversion is pretty involved... and definatly not cheap (especially to do it right)

i have a 5 lug conversion on my sol... and i have no F'n clue what you are talking about

The wheels I want to use are only available in a 5 bolt pattern.

Note: If you remove the rear axle hub/bearing assembly, that big piece of steel it mounts on, is called an axle.
CV drive shafts are often refered to as CV axles. B)

Thanks for the axle spline info, that tells me I don't have to have any special front axle shaft made up. :D

so you want a 5 lug conversion, without the brakes
so you can run a certain set of rims??????

welp lets get the big obvious points out of the way first
1- are you 100% sure that the lug patern is the same (5x114.3)
2- are you sure the offset will be correct (depends on other measurements)

and just for shits and giggles .... what rims are you trying to run anyway?

E, since you have the itr engine, and the itr brake/suspension setup, couldnt you just have used itr axles instead of making your own?

man for the money you can get some spinners i saw in NYC for civic it was a four bolt pattern, doing the swap is not cheap and it is very time consuming. but if you really like the rims go for it you will be the bling master then

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Dec 30 2004, 01:55 AM
E, since you have the itr engine, and the itr brake/suspension setup, couldnt you just have used itr axles instead of making your own?
[post=438998]Quoted post[/post]​

simple issue here....
most people, when swapping in an ITR engine (JDM or otherwise) usually do not do a 5 lug conversion
so the engine was sent with a normal set of USDM B series axles to fit the stock hubs that most people stick with
the 5 lug conversion came from a different company than the engine did
the 5 lug conversion came with a set of JDM ITR axles but one of them was kinda chewed up (looked like it was used on a drag car and they trimmed off the excess length where the axle nut goes to save weight) couldnt get a new nut on it without fear of stripping the hell out of it... so we swapped the head out with another one (mad tite hybrid axle y0!)

like B said above the USDM ITR axles have a different outter than the JDM ones (JDM one is larger, same as an H series one)
so... JDM ITR axle = USDM B series inner and shaft with an H series outter

the wheels I NEED are 16 x 8.5 37MM off set (15.5 lbs) with ARP long studs and custom 3/4" aluminum spacers to get the proper backspacing.

I am in the process of a MAJOR flair job. Lots of time, some money, and several years custom building DeTomaso Panteras at the official "factory" importer back in the 80s.

Yeah, I know what I'm in for. I just don't want to custom machine everything if I can just use what is already there. :blink:

E, i meant just to use the itr axles in general, not specifically the ones that came with your swap, but i didnt know that the USDM itr axles were different then the JDM itr axles. good to know :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Mario@Dec 30 2004, 06:30 AM
Note: If you remove the rear axle hub/bearing assembly, that big piece of steel it mounts on, is called an axle.
CV drive shafts are often refered to as CV axles. B)
[post=438992]Quoted post[/post]​

If you are talking about the rear there are NO axles, the hubs and bearing assemblies mount to the trailing arm, if you are talking about the front they mount to the knuckle, not the axles. The axles fit into the assembly through the knuckle. They are CV (Constant Velocity) joints, not axles.

USDM Type R, USDM/JDM Civic, DelSol = 32mm hubs

JDM Type R = 36mm hubs

:)

(In relation to the article) FYI, I used a 3030 on my brake conversion and it worked fine.

Sorry for reviving. The thread wasn't that long so hopefully someone looking into this will find this info.

I heard on Team Integra that the CR-V might use the 36mm spline as well. So maybe CR-V axles? The first gen CR-V used a B-series.
Source: crv 5 lug conversion? - Team Integra

I'm still trying to find info on if the CR-V knuckle (and possibly the hub and hub bearings) will bolt onto the 3G Integras and 5G Civics.

Back