Type R Axles w B18C5 in EK Work or No?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok so someone please settle this for me once and for all. I know I need the Rear Tranny mount and Driver Side Mount from a 99-00 Si. But can I use 96 spec Type R Axles in my 1996 EK or no. If I had to guess I would say they are better. thanx!

Actually, they are pretty much the same, as a matter of fact they are going to be older and more used then a set of 99-00's, but yes, you can use the 96-97 ITR axles. It's the the 98+ when they came with 5 lugs that upped them to a wider, higher spline count.

cool good to know. the motor is claimed to have 30,000 to 35,000 kilometers on it so hopefully everything will still have a loonngg life ahead of it. thanks all

Did my swap 2 months ago 96 ek itr here's what you need: front torque mounts left/right, the rear mount ,driver side mount (just the part that bolts to the engine) all from 99-00 si civ.NOTE!! and I fucked this one up, if you do run A/C use the 94-95 del sol A/C pump bracket not the 96-97. I had a hell of a time returning parts to honda corp to get it right.Also I had to swap my crank shaft position sensor from my d16y8 and extend the wires.It might vary between the years of ITR motors mine was a 2001.

thanks for the heads up. I'm sending out my cashiers check on monday. up until now I have never heard anything about the front torque mounts being needed off of the 99-00 Si. I wonder why they are not mentioned in the EK swap faq/tutorial? Would anyone care to chime in here?

btw, just saw grease all over my front right rim, guess a cv boot cut open and has flung the grease out of it. it's not making any weird sounds yet.. but I can fix this with those type r axles I'm putting in. good timimg hunh? I just gotta tread lightly for the next 3 weeks.

thanks all ;)

don'y worry about your cv's I drove around for a year on blown boots and clanking u-joints.Just don't dump the clutch or do any burn-outs you'll be fine.

yeah I prolly just won't be going on any road trips tho! but seriously, since the type r axles lugs are longer do I have to use a different lug nut?

Back