Type R (b16b)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sell the kit and alteezas and get stage 2 cams. just my approach to things, i like it sleeper style -_-

:sleep: wowy, i wish i had a riced-the-fuck-out, ugly ass EK hatch :spin: . and IMO, CTR engines are a huge fuckin' waste of money.

Originally posted by kylemarhx@May 20 2003, 01:49 AM
 and IMO, CTR engines are a huge fuckin' waste of money.

why do you think that kyle, i plan on putting one in my hatch. just curious what do you drive? another question why is it necessary to talk shit about a guys car? atleast he has a honda and a good motor.

Originally posted by vtecsir1+May 20 2003, 02:42 AM-->
kylemarhx
@May 20 2003, 01:49 AM
 and IMO, CTR engines are a huge fuckin' waste of money.

why do you think that kyle, i plan on putting one in my hatch. just curious what do you drive? another question why is it necessary to talk shit about a guys car? atleast he has a honda and a good motor.

i think that because the $4,500+ could be spent in other ways to make an engine that is more powerful than the b16b and if i were you i would consider a different engine... maybe a modded GSR or an ITR. now this could be argued 'till the end of time and that's why i put the "IMO" before my statement. and i drive my mom's '98 jeep grand cherokee. i don't think that it was "necessary" to talk shit about his car, i just felt like it at the time. i think that his head is in the wrong place and that his choices are more based on what would earn him more bragging rights rather than performance. and yes, he does have a honda (although a riced out one) and he does have a good motor, but for the money spent, he could have a better one. any more questions?

4500?? where at. hmotorsonline has it for 3800. it is the highest horsepower/liter Honda made other than the S2000 engine. im not worried about beating everyone with my setup because thats impossible, i want a motor i can enjoy. i would love to buy a b18c r but its almost a thousand more and after i get a new clutch and tbelt/water pump, ecu i'll end up around 4500(5500 itr). ctr swap has everything im looking for, great tranny, lsd, 185hp, high revs. to build the same setup would cost me maybe more with a gsr or b16 2gen. yes of course you have your right to your opinion, i just think maybe the bashing was a bit much.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@May 20 2003, 03:16 AM
4500?? where at. hmotorsonline has it for 3800. it is the highest horsepower/liter Honda mades other than the S2000 engine. im not worried about beating everyone with my setup because thats impossible, i want a motor i can enjoy. i would love to buy a b18c r but its almost a thousand more and after i get a new clutch and tbelt/water pump, ecu i'll end up around 4500(5500 itr). ctr swap has everything im looking for, great tranny, lsd, 185hp, high revs. to build the same setup would cost me maybe more with a gsr or b16 2gen.

my bad, i stand corrected on the price. i guess i'm just not a fan of b16's... "type R" or not. i would still take the GSR + $700 over the CTR. but like i said, this is all just my oponion. i wasen't so much clownin' on the engine... but more so the car.

CTR engines are a huge fuckin' waste of money.

I pay ( engine-tranny-axles&ecu whit AEM cold air) 5000$$ can =3500$$ american
I think it a very good deal in québec and good swap

(sorry for my english i m damn french guy :p )

Hey, these guys are all anti rice so they seriously will bad mouth the car to shame, IMO the car isn't that bad man, it is all clean and painted and stuff, just the banner and alteeza's should go and maybe get the red and white tails instead, then it would look real sexy. But :thumbsup: on the car man, good job, make it faster now!

That is one ugly civic, but that is my opinion. I would have went with a 1.8 at least..............

Why altezza's , oh god why...........

Milan

the kit- ehhh... i've seen worse
the wing- ehh.... at least its not aluminum
the tail lights MY FUCKING GOD SAVE US FROM THOSE THINGS

the ctr motor- i love it. i think its one of the best built motors out there. everyone thinks its such a waste of money cuz its only a 1.6 and has no torque- well, frankly, its not DESIGNED for torque.

if i did road racing, it is what would be in my eh2

and to all of those who mocked it- he's faster than all of you i know for a fact, except maybe Milan....
:ph34r:

Back