Type R Beeeotch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pewble

Ok so i made up my mind im gonna work my ass off, pay my parents off, and get either an Integra Type R motor or a EK9 Civic Type R Motor and supercharge the bitch. Also gonna get veilside body kit for my 95 coupe. This is going to be very fast considering its lighter than an Si and stuff... (EK Si) right? Is it gonna be really really dangerous to the point where i should have a roll cage? I know im gonna upgrade my brake rotors and pads fosholo, cause my stock ones suck. Anywaize, Any opinions on what motor i should get between those two? what about supercharged GS-R? I know that would be cool too. I wanna waste every american car i see, but i also want to see the next day. Any ideas? P.S. I am a crazy fucker .. mostly highway racing.... i know its stupid but it gets me off. hehah thanks for response

Originally posted by Pewble Posted on May 21 2003@ 12:05 PM
I wanna waste every american car i see, but i also want to see the next day. Any ideas?

Um,get something besides a Honda.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@May 21 2003, 07:30 AM
don't supercharge a b18c5.

is that for the same reason of not turboing the b18c5? high compression?

basically..
why spend all the money to get type R parts.. when you are just going to tear them out and put in turbo cams/low comp. pistons etc.

Originally posted by Blanco@May 22 2003, 12:40 AM
P.S. I am a crazy fucker .. mostly highway racing.... i know its stupid but it gets me off.

Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, being an old man on this board, but I don't think you're ready for a increase in power like that. You're going to get someone killed. Slow down and learn how to actually drive before you start driving fast. And don't race on freeway/highway's when there are people around you.

i agree

okay, this kid sounds really stupid...first of all, dont get the veilside kit, because out of all the kits you have to choose from, that is the nastiest one...if anything, get a lip...2nd, type-r motors are not for use with any type of forced induction...the cr is wayyyyyy too high and the money that you would be spending on the motor, u could have a LS/turbo that would be just as fast...3rd, if you race on the street, dont bother getting a roll-cage, because if you crash into someone (innocent bystander) going 100+ mph, you deserve to die you selfish bastard...take it to the tracks...obviosly you have no idea what you are doing, so please, learn a little about cars and how they work before you transform your 95 civic into a monstrosity...

Type R's are made for all-motor applications, not forced induction. Go LS/Turbo if you wanna turbo charge something. Sell the coupe and get a hatch. It'll be well worth it.

oh yeah i forgot to mention, i agree with everyone else. You are an idiot.
:whatafucktard: :newbie:
P.S. I agree with mattcalica, veilside kits are ugly as fuck. Go JDM, not riced out.

Originally posted by Gen2Teg@May 22 2003, 07:01 AM
Type R's are made for all-motor applications, not forced induction.

NO B series comes boosted

So by that,I'd have to think that Honda didn't intend to any of them to be boost applicable.

b16vx...but when honda makes LS's with a 9:1 cr, they are just begging to be boosted man! I think its more like, vtec was not meant to be boosted...sure, vtec motors under boost have a lot of potential, but they have to be tuned like a mofo...thats why i have decided to go N/A with a side order of nawwwwz...

yea again, i was a dumbass when i posted this one.. espescially this one actually.. haha ( what was I on?) since then i have realized

A) Body kits suck, id rather buy as many performance parts as i can afford ( save a CF hood and air dam)

B) Yea i know street racing is stupid but theres ways to minimize risk and be responsible

C) Yea, Type R = all motor unless your made of money, and even then your stupid cause a GS-R is damn near equivalent if your gonna upgrade it anyways.

Bringing dead threads back for the sake of adding zero value comments is a bad thing. Please refrain from doing so in the future.

Thread locked to prevent further post whoring.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back