1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Type R Beeeotch

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by Pewble, May 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pewble

Pewble Senior Member

Ok so i made up my mind im gonna work my ass off, pay my parents off, and get either an Integra Type R motor or a EK9 Civic Type R Motor and supercharge the bitch. Also gonna get veilside body kit for my 95 coupe. This is going to be very fast considering its lighter than an Si and stuff... (EK Si) right? Is it gonna be really really dangerous to the point where i should have a roll cage? I know im gonna upgrade my brake rotors and pads fosholo, cause my stock ones suck. Anywaize, Any opinions on what motor i should get between those two? what about supercharged GS-R? I know that would be cool too. I wanna waste every american car i see, but i also want to see the next day. Any ideas? P.S. I am a crazy fucker .. mostly highway racing.... i know its stupid but it gets me off. hehah thanks for response

2. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

lose the veilsid kit.
    dont get a b16b.
    don't supercharge a b18c5.
    coupes aren't that light, get a hatch.

3. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Um,get something besides a Honda.

4. eyesonlybob

eyesonlybob Senior Member

is that for the same reason of not turboing the b18c5? high compression?

5. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

basically..
    why spend all the money to get type R parts.. when you are just going to tear them out and put in turbo cams/low comp. pistons etc.

6. vtecsir1

vtecsir1 Senior Member

nothing wrong with getting a b16b but for what you want i would just get a gsr and sc it.

7. vtecsir1

vtecsir1 Senior Member

i agree

8. mattcalica

mattcalica Senior Member

okay, this kid sounds really stupid...first of all, dont get the veilside kit, because out of all the kits you have to choose from, that is the nastiest one...if anything, get a lip...2nd, type-r motors are not for use with any type of forced induction...the cr is wayyyyyy too high and the money that you would be spending on the motor, u could have a LS/turbo that would be just as fast...3rd, if you race on the street, dont bother getting a roll-cage, because if you crash into someone (innocent bystander) going 100+ mph, you deserve to die you selfish bastard...take it to the tracks...obviosly you have no idea what you are doing, so please, learn a little about cars and how they work before you transform your 95 civic into a monstrosity...

9. Gen2Teg

Gen2Teg Senior Member

Type R's are made for all-motor applications, not forced induction. Go LS/Turbo if you wanna turbo charge something. Sell the coupe and get a hatch. It'll be well worth it.

10. Gen2Teg

Gen2Teg Senior Member

oh yeah i forgot to mention, i agree with everyone else. You are an idiot.
    :whatafucktard: :newbie:
    P.S. I agree with mattcalica, veilside kits are ugly as fuck. Go JDM, not riced out.

11. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

NO B series comes boosted

So by that,I'd have to think that Honda didn't intend to any of them to be boost applicable.

12. mattcalica

mattcalica Senior Member

b16vx...but when honda makes LS's with a 9:1 cr, they are just begging to be boosted man! I think its more like, vtec was not meant to be boosted...sure, vtec motors under boost have a lot of potential, but they have to be tuned like a mofo...thats why i have decided to go N/A with a side order of nawwwwz...

13. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

14. Pewble

Pewble Senior Member

yea again, i was a dumbass when i posted this one.. espescially this one actually.. haha ( what was I on?) since then i have realized

A) Body kits suck, id rather buy as many performance parts as i can afford ( save a CF hood and air dam)

B) Yea i know street racing is stupid but theres ways to minimize risk and be responsible

C) Yea, Type R = all motor unless your made of money, and even then your stupid cause a GS-R is damn near equivalent if your gonna upgrade it anyways.

15. integraslut78

integraslut78 Stylus DJ Extraordinaire

Wow this thread is a year and a half old.

16. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

Bringing dead threads back for the sake of adding zero value comments is a bad thing. Please refrain from doing so in the future.

Thread locked to prevent further post whoring.

:locked2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.