Type R Block with GSR Head?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GsR_CiViC

My GSR is starting to bypass oil through the rings..
Heres what i want to do:

-I want to get a B18c5 Short block and mate my GSR Head, Intake manifold, Exhaust etc...
-Then i want to rebuild my GSR block with Type R Pistons..

-My questions are.. Is this a good idea? concerning the GSR/Type R setup..
And secondly, From my understanding Type R pistons should fit right into the B18c1 block? Would i be able to redline 9,000 after the pistons are in?
- Would i be able to redline at 9,000 with the GSR/Type R setup?

Any Suggestions would be Greatly appreciated!

My GSR is starting to bypass oil through the rings..
Heres what i want to do:

-I want to get a B18c5 Short block and mate my GSR Head, Intake manifold, Exhaust etc...
-Then i want to rebuild my GSR block with Type R Pistons..

-My questions are.. Is this a good idea? concerning the GSR/Type R setup..
And secondly, From my understanding Type R pistons should fit right into the B18c1 block? Would i be able to redline 9,000 after the pistons are in?
- Would i be able to redline at 9,000 with the GSR/Type R setup?

Any Suggestions would be Greatly appreciated!

If your going to buy a type r shortblock there really isnt much point in rebuilding the gsr bottom end. The only difference between the gsr and type r bottom ends are the pistons, rods, and oil cooler. So if you have the type r shortblock stick with that. Concerning redline just because you have one engine setup or the other doesnt mean you can go that high. Its all controlled by the electronics so unless you were doing some tunning with crome or some other software you wouldnt be able to raise the redline anyways. I wouldnt recommend taking that setup that high even with some tunning, but thats just my 2 cents.

Back