Type r final drive?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

korey

Alright, so sometimes I see people recomending an ITR final drive in a B-series transmission. What are the benefits of this and how hard is it to do? Can it fit on all B-series trannys? A guy wants to sell me--->used low mileage 4.4 final drive set from my 2000 Integra Type R with the J4D LSD transmission. Convert you B-Series transmission to ITR spec transmission with this final drive set, and everything is included to swap over(except LSD). This item is in excellent shape for $35.00. Is this a good deal/idea or am i gonna get screwed. Let me know, thanx.

what are you talking about you allready have an LSD in your Type R,

and ITR spec tranny is a B series tranny, it's same as Si tranny the only things that differ are final drive and LSD,

why would you change your final drive, do you want to go like 180 mi, because on a race you basically don't even get up to 4 gear,

so my question is why would you do it in the firt place?

ok, so first off, I never said I had a type r tranny, I asked if it would be able to put one in a B-SERIES tranny. Also, if you read my post, I said that people have been recomending it, thats why I posted the ? was to find out benefits, problems, cost, ets. So, thanx for the input but anyone who can help me with MY questions, I appreciate it, Thanx guys.

35 for the tranny but no lsd,,,,,..

well I think the final drive of 4.75~ goes for around 200ish.

The benefit would be quicker acceleration, but at the price of topend.

I say get it, I would get it if I had a ITR tranny us spec.

oh, i was under the impression that he has a B series tranny.

I do have a b-series tranny, out of a '00 SI? Does that make a difference? Can I still use the final drive? Or does it just not work in a Si tranny? Let me know, thanx.

the final drives of Si and ls trannys are not inter changeable with itrs/gsr/ctrs and so on, but diff's are not.

Back