type r head swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IntegraLS1995

does any1 here have an ls block and ITR head?
what was ure hp afters the swap head and 1/4 times?

im new here, which makes me a noob at this stuff, just got my car afew days ago.
95 integra ls 5speed, aem cold air intake.

o and my goal for this car is to get into the 13s all motor, i know about what i wanna do but i just wanna know if that engine set up will do good.

Originally posted by TechChris@Mar 21 2004, 07:34 PM
Hi

The cheapest way would be to go turbo.

This is such a cop-out answer, and I have been seeing it here a lot. Screw turboing a honda motor. That is right I am saying it now, they are amazing N/A motors, so why not use them for what they are intended for. If the ask about a turbo or post about boosting there motors respond to that. If they are asking about a head swap respond to that and help them out, answer the questions at hand. Now with that out of the way, you should read the FAQ section of this web site as there is a good articles about both of your questions. You can get in the 13s on an LS VTEC for about the same price as a good turbo set up. Of course that is with a b16 head which is pretty much the same thing as an ITR head. It is all about how you build it. Read these FAQ articles, and figure out what you are looking at doing. A type R head is quite pricey, but it creates a great building block.
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33559
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11

As far as how fast will you go with the above set, up take it to the track once you build it, it really all depends on your driving ability. There is no way for us to guage that.

Yeah ok, he is new just got his car. Now lets see him build a LS/Vtec. I went NA now I am adding up all the money I spent. I figure I could have put together a turbo for much cheaper and less expensive. I am not saying go out and buy a new turbo for 3Gs. If you shop around you can get more ponies for less money by turboing. I am going NA this year but will probably put together a turbo for next. You will need more than just a B16 head to do 13s. But hey if you want to go all motor thats cool. Just save your money and shop around. Good luck.

sorry about that one line in there. I meant cheaper and with more hp.

the reason i wanna go all motor is because i already had a turbo car a 97 eclipse gsx, im planning on getting another dsm next year but for right now i wanna go all motor on the integra.
my cousin was offering me a ITR engine for $3k but i doubt i will buy it.

IF you do want to go all motor though. Maasey Racer is right LS/Vtec would be the cheapest way to go. Build up a Vtec, have it PnP. Well tuned you might get high 13s.

Have to make improvements elsewhere besides the motor too like wheels and tires, suspension, LSD, and losing some weight.

Back