type r head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by nfn15037+Mar 28 2005, 09:31 PM-->
OK, no more of the "I heard" crap, either you know or you don't. Don't post conjecture or hearsay guys, that is where misinformation comes from.

It is ported 25mm into the ports, not a huge deal IMO. The rockers are the same but the LMAs are different on ITRs.
[post=479920]Quoted post[/post]​
Honda

Extensive modifications of the cylinder head were undertaken improve performance. This also involves hand-polishing of the intake and exhaust ports near the valve seat area. In addition to hand polishing the ports to improve flow, special lightweight intake valves are also fitted. These valves feature a thinner shaft to reduce weight and increase flow. The head of the valve is also lightened to further reduce valvetrain weight. These modifications net a 12 percent weight reduction of the intake valves, allowing the engine to rev higher. These lighter intake valves help extend the rpm range of the Type R engine by an additional 200 rpm.

hey guys i got a question... i just bought a b16 motor that soupposedly has a civic type r head on it. Now I know all the cast are the same so there is no code but a friend of mine told me the only way to find out is to measure the cams to see if they are b16 cams or type r cams... so i took my cams and and want to kno what are the b16 and type r cam measurements? anyone know what I am talking about? also how do dual springs look?

This is not Swap-related. This is the Swap-related forum.

Try again in the right forum.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back