Type R Header?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thats what I thought.... I saw one on ebay and it said Type R only..... I didn't know if they knew something I didn't.

keep in mind that if the header has a 2.5 collector you will need to take your cat to a muffler shop to modify it so the header will bolt right up.

hie, how do i recognise or identify a real original Type-R header? is there any mark, lines to look for? please help. i have one, but i just wanna make sure if it is one.

thanks

0header-08.jpg

2post-coat-09.jpg

thats a JDM ITR header .... if it doesnt have a 2.5" collector or the mounting points for the stock heat sheild then its not real

http://www.hondatwincam.com/images/header/

Hmm... I really shoulda gotten one of those instead of the DC 2.5" this time- the attachment for the skid plate would REALLY help me out.

:(

got the skid plate on mine :)
better to fuck up a $50 piece of metal than a $3-400 header

ehhh personally i dont like the type-r header :p

when i strapped it on my car at the dyno there was NO POWER IMPROVEMENT whatsoever... but of course thats just my car... i have seen significant gains on a few other cars

Well, I'm pretty sure that the DC JDM header is almost a direct copy, but there may be some differences... are they the same?

close enough to not give a fuck

biggest difference is the mounting locations for the heat sheilds/skid plate

(and possibly quality?? not knocking DC ... simply stating that OEM honda shit is generally VERY good)

Yup. OEM Honda stuff is pretty damn good. The JDM ITR is stainless steel, right?

Dont' buy the DC, direct copy my ass, if it wast hey they would hold up like the oem header from the jspec ITR.

The Jspec ITR header is the best bang for buck on the header market.

I already got the DC, and it made great power and torque across the whole rev range. Next time I need another header I might get the JDM ITR, or I might just decide to go and get something custom from Hytech or SMSP...

SMSP,Hytech, Headertech are the ways to go with headers for our NA applications, yes they cost about double the price of a standard header but they make more power.

Like I said before, some people have had good experiences with DC and others haven't, I haven't and mine rusted in a couple months.

So if I get a JDM header I will have to modify my cat? I have a after market cat (or I should say just a pipe) will they mess with that or will they put in a jumper between the two?

Back