Type R intake on GSR?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nealo

My friend just gave me his aem cai out of his type r because he decided to go with injen. Will this cai fit on a gsr of the same year?

They're not the same car...different motors for one. Is the tb on the GSR the same size as the ITR? Not trying to be an ass, but if they're different sizes, it may matter...may not though.

it's not that it wont fit over the throttle body, its that there has to be enough room for it to snake around the motor into the bumper. you can always get a bigger rubber adapter from home depot. they share the same body, i dont see a problem with it.or just try itout.if hesyour friend i dont think he would sell it to you with out atleast checking it out first.

ummmmthe intake manifold is completely different on the GSR and swoops downwards rather than up like the type R so as far as i can say its not gonna fit. due to the fact that it is not designed to go down to the throttle body

Just try it out, then you can know for sure and tell us all the results. I don't think it will fit properly, but you might be able to muscle it on there. let us know.

Its probly will fit but its going to fit funny. The gsr intake manifold is different from all the b series designs. The ITR is more like the B16. The engine is purdy much the same but the intake manifolds are completly different.

Originally posted by driver1@Jun 13 2004, 12:03 PM
ummmmthe intake manifold is completely different on the GSR and swoops downwards rather than up like the type R so as far as i can say its not gonna fit. due to the fact that it is not designed to go down to the throttle body

most of what you said is true but it will fit with some minor modifications. you can saw the intake and add a rubber piece from home depot that will give you a little play to angle it downward to mount onto the throttle body.

Damn, I just removed Firefox from my computer, but I had a great how to with pics and all on how to make it fit, exact measurements to make it fit, damn. not hard though, just remove a small piece of the pipe so it sits lower and meets up with the TB.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 17 2004, 06:04 PM
Damn, I just removed Firefox from my computer, but I had a great how to with pics and all on how to make it fit, exact measurements to make it fit, damn. not hard though, just remove a small piece of the pipe so it sits lower and meets up with the TB.

how could you get rid of such a classic if your talking about eastwoods firefox

Firefox as in hte internet browser and the how to was in my favorites.

Back