TYPE R into a 88 civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chrism1829

Getcha Mind Right
i just purchased a type r engine from a local shop..well i put a down payment on it..he told me it will drop right into my 88 civic he said they changed everything over to obd0 how can i tell??..and what should i look for..it reads b16b and looks to be in great shape..i am only paying 3000 is this a good price or should it be lower??...what else will i need to do to make the swap work in my car??..

Originally posted by chrism1829@Jul 2 2004, 11:59 AM
i just purchased a type r engine from a local shop..well i put a down payment on it..he told me it will drop right into my 88 civic he said they changed everything over to obd0 how can i tell??..and what should i look for..it reads b16b and looks to be in great shape..i am only paying 3000 is this a good price or should it be lower??...what else will i need to do to make the swap work in my car??..

3K is a decent price.....non OBD will have kind of a cream or milky looking connectors for various sensors etc and will have a resistor box for the injectors....non OBD dizzy will have a fatter cap for dizzy like the 90-91 integras.

b16b is a type R just a civic type R not an integra type R. Oh and if they did convert the motor over to OBD0 then they, changed the injectors, distributor, and ecu. Also they might have changed the transmission to a cable type from a hydro type and if they did not change it you are going to need the new HASport mount kit for hydro trannies.

alright thanks alot..next time i go down to pay him i will look at the engine and see what it has...if i need to put to much work to get this into the car i will
just put a gsr or b16 in there im not looking to build up just looking to put the engine in and drive then sell it..

it might also just be as easy to find an lsd sir crx tranny and while you have it apart it is also a good idea to check your clutch situation too. It will say time in the long run

Back